6

Graces POV

"Where do you want to eat?" Luke says pulling out of the parking lot.

"I'm not sure. You can choose." I say in a low voice.

"Well, we can have Italian, Mexican, Chinese. What are you feeling?" He says turning a corner.

"Italian I guess? I don't know if pizza is Italian or not." I say looking around at the stores and restaurants.

"So pizza it is." He pulls into a parking spot before pulling out the car keys.

He intertwines his fingers with mine as we meet up in front of his black SUV. He leads me to the front door of Bosses Pizza. He opens the door for me, still keeping our hands together.

"Hello. Welcome to Bosses Pizza Buffet. How old are you sir?" The owner greets us as we walk to the register.

"Oh, I'm 21," Luke says pulling out his wallet.

"And you mam?" The lady says looking at me.

"I'm 16." She gives me and Luke a disgusted look before totaling out the cost.

"That will be... twenty-five dollars and fourteen cents. Here are your cups." Luke gives her a fifty dollar bill as she gives me the 2 cups.

She tries to give Luke the change but he just says "keep it."

"What do you want to drink?" I ask him walking to the drinking fountain.

"Dr. Pepper. With ice too." He walks over to a booth in the far corner of the restaurant, setting down his new plate of hot pepperoni pizza.

I fill up our two cups, put a straw through the lids, and walk over to the booth. I set down the drinks and walk to the table with pizza on it.

I grab a blue-gray plate and put 2 slices of cheese pizza on it. I walk back to the booth and it on the opposite side of Luke, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, babe, why won't you look me in the eye? 'ya scared?" He smirks at me as he takes a sip from his straw.

"M-maybe I don't want to..." I reply back, not as scared as I would usually be seeing that were in public.

"Well you should talk more, you have a nice voice." What? Did he just... compliment me?

"Um, ok. What do you want to talk about?" I say taking a bite out of my pizza.

"Music. What are your favorite bands?" He tosses the crust of his pizza to the side of his plate.

"I actually like a lot of man bands. Green Day, All Time Low, Blink-182, The Food Fighters, Led Zeppelin, 1975, Panic! At the disco l, Twenty-one Pilots, etc." I say rambling on.

"You have a pretty good taste in music I must say so myself."

"What about you?" I say, kinda starting to connect with Luke.

"Same as you. I really like all type of music. Ever since I was little I wanted to be in the music industry, but here I am, working in a wearhouse." I look into his eyes and see a bit of disappointment.

"Well, can you sing or do anything like that?" I say finishing my drink.

"I can sing and play the guitar. I think I'm pretty good." He rubs the back of his neck, still smirking.

"Oh that's cool. I actually really want to learn how to play guitar and then drums." He kinda gives me a look.

"Well, why don't you just ask Ashton. He knows everything about Drums. I can teach you how to play the guitar, I mean if you want." He rolls his eyes when he talks about Ashton.

"I might. And ill be right back, I need to use the restroom." I place my napkin down and start to get up from my seat.

"I can come with you babe." He winks at me.

"No. I'd rather you not." I start walking to the red door on the far side of the restaurant.

Lukes POV

I watched her walk gracefully away to the bathroom. Her long, dark brown hair caressed down her back. And her long jean cladded legs took large strides.

My heart rate started to pick up, and evil thoughts raced through my head. I wanted to pin her to a wall and... no, Luke stop. You cant do that.

I pick up our plates with the remaining crust and take them to the nearest trash can. I pick up our cups and refill them.

I stand in front of the bathroom door, one foot against the wall, the other on the floor.

I hear the faint sound of the sink water running and the loud blow dryer. The sound of the lock meets my ears and she walks out. She jumps as she sees me, suprised.

"Lets go." I give her her drink and open the door for her.

As soon as we get to the car, my phone dings. Its from Ash.

"Be careful and don't come back. The place is full of people. Calum got caught trying smuggle someone and there's cops everywhere. Keep Grace safe please."

Fuck, not this again. Last time someone got caught we had to move to a different location.

"Hey babe, we can't go back to the wearhouse. Something happened." I pull out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"Wha-why? Is Ashton ok?" I cringe at the way she askes about Ashton.

"He's perfectly fine. We'll be staying at a hotel tonight." We drive for about 15 more minutes before arriving at our destination.

"Good night in" Grace reads off the large glow up sign in front of our car.

I pop open the trunk before saying "there should be a black duffel bag in there. Get it and lets go." She walks over to the car and pulls out the heavy bag.

She puts the strap of it over her shoulder and closes the trunk. I put my keys into the pocket of my black jeans before intertwining my fingers through hers. I have no idea why I always do this, but I just do.

We walk to the checkout thing and are greeted by a small middle aged man. "Hello, how are you today?"

"We're just fine. We'll be taking a room with two beds." I say holding up 2 fingers.

"Aw, sir I'm sorry but those are full. We only have rooms with one bed left."

"But there's only 2 other cars in the parking lot." Grace speaks up pointing out the door.

"Well the rooms are taken. You can have 2nd floor room number... 7." He hands us a small key connected to a chain. "It will be the 4th door on the left once you get upstairs."

I start to walk away but then man stops me. "Have fun with her. Theres condoms in the bottom door of the restroom." He winks at me and his breath reeks of vodka.

I knod at him, walking back to Grace. Is that really what all older people think of us now? That if a boy and a girl to into a hotel alone that its to make the bed bounce? I never thought I would say this seeing that I am Luke Hemmings, but that's disgusting.

"What was that about?" Grace asks as we start to climb up the old warn down stairs.

"Nothing babe, don't worry."
_________________

Author's Note:

Sooo, I'm actually following my update schedule. Also, Youngblood is an actual friggin bop and it has me anxious for the new album. Welp, if you liked this chapter vote and comment. Ill see you next Saturday (hopefully) and adios