9

Graces POV

The dark car pulls up to the gated mansion and we step out. I look up at the gigantic house I grew up in. Luke soon walks over to me crossing his arms, "do you know how to get in babe?"

"Y-yeah. The code for the gate is 1989, the year my father got married to my mother." Luke adverts his eyes to the ground as I say the words 'my mother.' "And the key is under the pillow on the swing."

Ashton presses in the numbers and then a wide gate opens. We walk up to the steps of my old house and Luke lifts up the pillow and picks up the small key. He then unlocks the tall doors and opens them.

I hear a small "woah" come from Ashton as we walk in. "This is only the entrance, there's a lot more to this house," I say walking into the living room.

I look at the white couch in the middle of the room and see a magazine sitting on it. Of course, it was one the People magazines my father loved to read. I remember when he would read while I was watching tv,
"Oh Grace, apparently Brad and Angelina just broke up! Andddd she's trying to take custody of the kids" he said looking at me over the rim of his glasses, surprise clear on his face.

"Yes dad, I know. That's old news." I chuckle.

I frown at the thought.

I then walk into the kitchen. Of course, a memory came into my mind.

My dad twirled me around as we danced along to the old 80' s music on the radio. We were laughing and smiling as we both danced to the beat of the music. I was really getting into it and I tripped on the leg of the chair.

"Oh god, Grace are you ok?" My dad frantically ran over to me. My eyes were filled with tears as I kept laughing. "Are you crying or laughing, I cant tell?"

"I-im l-aughing." I struggled to get out, heaving for air. My father soon fell too, due to him laughing so hard.

Ugh, stop it brain. That's in the past. I grab Ashton's hand, walking up the long stairs. "Hey love, are you ok?" Ashton asks rubbing my thumb.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... bringing back so many memories." I reply.

"I'm sorry Grace. Just know that I'm here with you, it'll be ok" I want to say it won't be ok, that it will never be ok, but I'm not going to shoot down his kind comment.

"Thanks, Ash-" my breath hitches as I see what lays before me. The scene replays over and over in my head of when I came home to find my fathers dead body.

I start to stumble away from the spot, but Ashton catches me. "Grace, are you ok? Whats wrong?" He asks me, worry clear in his voice.

"T-this is where I found my d-" Luke cuts me off.

"Oh for heaven's sake, she found her dads dead body here. Might I say, the dad I did not kill." He emphasizes the 'not' as he walks ahead of us.

"Shut up Luke. It's okay Grace. Just close your eyes, I've got you." But I don't close my eyes. I'm horrified by what lays before me. The dry blood stains on the carpet, my dad's gold-rimmed classes off to the side.

I start to sob as Ashton leads me away from the spot. He, of course, doesn't know which room is mine, so he opens the door to my dad's room.

I open my eyes expecting to see my bright colored room, but no.

"A-Ashton, wrong room. This is my dad's room." I sob.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry Grace." He pulls me out shutting the door.