C H A P T E R 5

I woke up the next morning to a knock on my door. Letting out a quiet groan, I rolled out of bed and opened the door. Ink was standing there, a bright smile on his face. I muttered a good morning, walking past him. He followed me to the kitchen, where I put a mug under the keurig and started it. He looked around the room a bit before taking a seat on the couch in the living room. I opened a cabinet and dug through it before pulling out a box of pancake mix. After collecting the other items I needed, I turned on the stove and made the batter. By then there was hot water in the mug. I put a teabag in and let it sit while I started on the pancakes.
"So how do we plan on finding Chara? We have to start somewhere" Ink's voice cut through the silence. I shrugged

"Our best bet would be to go to where this Error person is most likely to be. Which is... where exactly?"

"The antivoid."

"Descriptive. Tell me more." So for the next 10 or so minutes, Ink explained to me all about Error and his encounters with him, along with info about the antivoid.

"The antivoid is a dangerous place. Too much isolation in it could drive you insane. I don't think it would be a good idea to go find him, so we should try to lure him out."
"How do we do that? From what you've told me I assume it isn't gonna be easy" I wrote some notes in the notebook, stuff that could be important. Ink watched me curiously. I paused for a moment and turned off the stove, putting the pancakes on two plates. I was turning around to give one to him, when I stopped.

"What if.... I was the bait?" Ink looked at me like I was insane, which in his mind I probably was. But I had an idea and I was sticking with it.

"What if you put me in the antivoid, and kept a close watch on me, so when Error returns, you can jump out and save Chara!" Ink sighed, taking the plate while shaking his head.

"Can't say that's a smart move. If you aren't crazy by the time he reaches you, it could be dangerous leaving you in there with him, even for a little while. He could suffocate you with his strings by the time we made it through the portal." Ink shoved a pancake in his mouth, whole. I cut a piece off of mine, swirling it in the syrup on my plate.

"Do you have any other ideas?"

".....No" And with that, we started our plan.

Sorry this chapter is kinda short. I tried to get it out as soon as possible for you guys. Well here you are chapter 5. For those of you who didn't know, I put the reason for the hiatus in my Update Book. It's the most recent chapter so if you're wondering, go there. If not, then wait here for another chapter. See you guys later.