C H A P T E R 10

The minute I got home, I made a b-line for my bed. I missed having an actual mattress to sleep on. I also needed a change of clothes... Error took my bag of stuff, so I was stuck in the same outfit for that time. However long that was. I plopped down on my bed, grabbing my phone and checking the hundreds of notifications I had. Plus messages from my family. I sighed, setting my phone down and staring up at the ceiling. How did he know? How did he figure out our plan? Another thought crossed my mind, and I placed a hand against my chest. I don't have a soul. I knew this, as Chara helped me figure it out, but the incident with Error made it feel so real. It opened my eyes to the fact that I'm not normal. I never have been, and I never will be. I'm just an outcast.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on my door. I glanced over to it as it opened. "Y/n?" Ink peeked his head in. I smiled and waved.

"Hey Ink, what's up?" He stepped in, sitting down on my desk chair.

"I wanted to ask you about what happened in the antivoid, with Error an his strings?" I flinched. I knew this was coming, but I was hoping it would come a bit later.

Taking a deep breath, I attempted to explain. "A little while ago, when monsters first came to the surface and I befriended Chara, and she brought up souls. Curious, I asked what my soul looked like...

Flashback

"What does my soul look like Chara?"

"I dunno. Wanna find out?"

"How do we find that out" I tilted my head, watching her curiously. She smiled and held her hand out.

"Fight me." My eyes widened.

"W-what?! I don't want to fight y-"
"Just trust me, Y/n"

"...okaaay." I entered a fight with her, and she gasped surprised. I stared in front of me expectantly. "Where's my soul?"

"You... don't have one?"

"Someone can not have a soul?"

"Well I think Blue has a friend without one, so it's not impossible. But I've never met a human without a soul" That made sense at the time. I figured there were other people without souls if Blue's friend didn't have one.

End of flashback

"So, Chara tried to show you your soul, and you didn't appear to have one?" Ink looked as confused as I was when I found out. I nodded

"Yeah, a soul never showed up so I don't have a- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Ink put his hand on my chest, a focused look on his face. I froze on the spot, my eyes wide and a blush spreading across my cheeks.

"Hm, I guess you don't have one." He pulled his hand back, looking confused when he saw my expression. "What?"
"Y-you don't just put your hand on a g-girls chest like that Ink."

"Why not?"
"You just don't!"

With that, I huffed and stood up, grabbing some clothes and walking out of the room to the bathroom leaving a confused and startled Ink staring after me.

Yeah. I know. I waited for almost a month to update. I'm sorry hhh-. But here we are, back to the dumb shenanigans of Y/n and ink. Sorry it's a bit of a shorter chapter, I wanted to have a funny and cute moment before we get to the dark stuff mwahahaha >:) Peace out!

~Kenna-chan