chapter five

i take a step back, watching everyone's reactions to me agreeing. some look shocked, some looked nervous, some even looked awed by my stance alone. i nod to Cameron, quietly indicating for him to come forward. He does, and we quietly formulate a plan. I turn to face the audience of novices, and begin.

"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you." I took another step back, to brace myself for my  powers to be released." you might want to take a few steps back." i warned. They did, and i slowly released my powers.

Using my telekinesis powers, i focused on all the sports equipment around, the boxing gloves, practice manequins, and weapons, including the silver stakes. I slowly picked them up, concentrating on not dropping them.  Once they were levitating high enough up in the air, i turn the stakes in the direction of the audience. They all looked pretty shocked at this point. Adrian obviously caught on, and tried to launch himself at me. However, i got Cameron to stop all movements.

"Cameron?"

He immediately halted his movements.

"Stop. " he commanded using compulsion. He was the strongest at compulsion after me. and i obviously can't use mine, with me using my telekinesis powers. Nobody could fight it." do not move. we won't hurt you. Watch and see. You will not make a sound, or fight it."

everybody halted. The students, Adrian, and the nearby people observing the show. Every thing was quiet. They couldn't move, only there eyes which are wide. Our compulsion, can work on several people all at once. I think at this point, they can kind of figure out what is going to happen now. Hopefully, though, i will be able to control it enough, so that there isn't any injuries...much. 

Slowly they begin to move, treveling to their faces. Their eyes widened, but no sound came out of their mouths. As they moved closer, at a quicker pace, I was starting to lose control. Oh shit. They were going even quicker, at an uncontrollable pace. Then the thing that was worse: kirova and other guardians came.

"What the hell is going on." She asked.

The guardians were coming, but I quickly acted.

"Alexi. Stop them. I am losing control." I shouted to the top of my lungs, my voice panicked.

"Stop." She said to them, completely halting their movements.

Even now, I could sense the others alarm and distress. I was becoming a bit worried also. I slowly got more control of the stakes, and they slowed down in speed. I could tell my spirit darkness was gaining more and more control. I could feel myself getting more on edge. However, the control still held.

I feel sweat glide down my face.

The stakes were coming even closer. They slowly decreased speed, while edging their way to their faces. I would stop it, however, they won't drop to the ground. They will go in any direction. Like I said, I don't have control. Nobody could help me.

By now they were a few metres to their faces.

Come on. Slow down, slow down.

I was trying to will myself to gain more control. Even though it was difficult, I am gaining some. I start to feel dizzy, and a sense of tiredness begins to kick in. This magic is taking a toll on my body, making me feel more fatigued. My control doesn't falter. The speed reduces even more, as time goes by. Slowing down even more, as they are coming even more closer to their faces.

Seconds later, and they come to a complete stop, mere inches away from their faces. All of the students has cross-eyed looks, while staring at the stakes. I slowly bring my hands down, the stakes coming down slowly. Seconds later, they are on the floor, and I gasp in relief.

By then the others have dropped the compulsion, and I couldn't do anything else, as I dropped to the floor going into unconsciousness, my body worn out from the magic i used.

**

I woke up to the sweet delicious intoxicating smell of blood. Now I realise that my throat is burning.

I instantly rise, and quickly see a human. Without missing a beat, I was at the human so fast, no one had time to react. I bit into the guy's neck, his AB positive blood sliding down my throat at a quick pace. He is probably a feeder. Well not anymore. The more giant gulps I take, the more strength I feel, and the less warmth I feel to his skin. Once empty of blood, I quickly drop the body to the floor. The smell of fresh blood and the sound of mortal heartbeats, is the only thing I can register. I turn sharply, to face the guardians and moroi. A smirk spreads to my lips.

"Well, what do we have here?" I asked rhetorically.

I was about to jump them, when strong muscular hands grabbed my arms. I snarled at them.

"Stop this Burney. This isn't you. Take back control. This is your spirit darkness, not you. Don't let it consume you. Come on. Snap out of it." Said Cameron, facing me. I realised, the twins are holding me back.

"But they taste so good..." I whined." We need to hunt. And that human...well it was amazing."

"I know, we are due to hunt, but that is tonight. I am hungry too, but control it." He replied.

"Okay. You can let go. I won't harm you. I promise."

They warily let me go, ready to stop me, if I don't have control. But I do now.

"I am sorry for that. I didn't have blood for a while. And for that stunt. I said that I cannot control it. And now you can all see. I hate being a spirit user. Going crazy, but also being immortal, so I will live with it forever."

"Well. It was a close shave. I thought for a second that you were going to commit murder." Joked Adrian.

"Well, yeah. But I didn't."

The rest of the day, I had off. They understood...sort of.

Now we will be going hunting.