chapter nine

looking around my surroundings, i notice that i am in my room at the caves where the strigoi live. worried, i looked around, expecting the worst that Gerald is here, but i am surprised when i see someone, i didn't expect to see.

Mel stood at the edge of my room.

''Mel. what are you doing here in my dreams. and how did you find this place?'' i asked worried.

''well, i fell asleep and found you also asleep, so i decided that i will come in your dreams. though when i went through your head, i found something very distressing, so i let your conscience pick, which picked this place. it is very dark here, isn't it?''

''this is my room, and it has to be dark. and plus, you had no right getting inside my head.'' i snapped.

''yes, well, what you said while you were rambling, well, it got me thinking, what you had to go through as a child. i didn't mean to pry. but don't you remember what you said?''she asked, concerned.

''half the time, when i ramble, it is random, and i never remember. but when it snap out of it, people just look at me like i am crazy, which i am. then they say how i talk weird. then stay away from me, for the rest of the time.'' i answered, which was the truth. '' as soon as spirit started to affect me mentally, i was branded as breeder. the breeders aren't treated kindly, we are nothing. there is no respect. even commoners treat us badly, even if i am the daughter of the leader. we get beat for retaliating, speaking out of turn, beaten, raped, bitten. this is where they came in the middle of my sleep. they would use those handcuffs on the bed posts, to tie me up. strigoi are getting smarter. when they put me through tests, they found out my properties of both races. my weaknesses, and ways of manipulating my powers to make it my weaknesses. those handcuffs are especially designed, to stop me from using my powers, while absorbing them and making me feel drowsy as if i was drugged at the same time. it made me weaker to defend myself. i couldn't do anything about it. just let it happen. i was their biggest seller. all sorts of strigoi wanted me for the night. they paid high prices for a taste of me. and i couldn't hide me being a breeder, especially as we are forced to wear slutty clothes, that shows almost everything. i felt dirty. ''by the time i had finished, i tear came out of my eye. i hastily wiped it away, as i remember Mel that was here.

''i am so sorry that you had to go through that.''

''it is okay. i am over it.''

''okay. well, i will allow you to rest, and if you need a shoulder to cry on, advise or even someone to talk to about anything. don't hesitate to come talk to me. okay. i am here to help you.'' she said, to which i nodded.

''night. i will end the dream.''

i woke up from my bed feeling a little better. clearing my head, and talking about what happened while living with strigoi has really helped me cope with it better.

getting up, i get ready for another day for school. i look at the clock, before leaving, and it is 7am.  

Walking past Kirova's office, I hear hushed voices. I walk to it, careful to keep quiet. With the door slightly open, I see Mel, talking to Kirova, while a couple of guardians, including Ade In there also.

"She is distressed. You don't know what I saw in her mind. What she told me last night, it is obvious that they are treated horribly. And in class, when she rambled, she said it then as well. I am concerned for her. The spirit darkness is taking control. Worse than anything I have seen." Said Mel.

"We cannot do anything much about it. For now, we watch her. I will get a few guardians to not follow her, but to watch out for her. Also a few trusted students and teachers. We need to monitor her behaviour and actions. She is the first of her kind, and with the stunt she pulled with her powers, it is obvious that she is unstab-" she couldn't finish as Mel looked at the door. By then, I had already guessed that they were talking about me. That much was clear.

"Burnadette. I know you are behind the door." Said Mel.

I pushed open the door, stepping in the room.

"Why did you tell them. I told you in confidence. First snooping in my mind, invading my dreams, to telling what I told in confidence, to the authorities. You had no right. No right at all." I said, facing Mel.

" I couldn't just keep what you went through to myself. I had to say. I am concer-"

"No body has any jurisdiction toward me. I deserve my privacy. I trusted you. I thought you were helping me. I thought that you understood, but clearly you don't. Are you gonna laugh now, like them. Call me names, like blood whore, slut. Are you gonna talk about me behind my back. I shouldn't of said. I cannot trust any body. I trust no one. Yeah. I will never trust anyone. Nobody cares, nobody understands. People laugh at me, beat me, call me names. Even when they caused it. We are in danger. I am in danger. The darkness is horrible. I am already at the edge. Falling. I am screaming at the top of my lungs, but nobody is helping. I am scared. It's making me vulnerable. It's making me weak. It is consuming me, controlling me." I looked at them, desperation in my voice. Then I laughed." You know what is funny. People take me for granted. Use me. Abuse me. Throw me away like trash. They say I am deadly, but isn't everyone. They take innocents. It Is never the bad guys, always the good ones." I stop laughing." God, what has come over me. I am rambling again. I don't even know what I was talking about. I should leave. Yeah, I am leaving. Good bye. I am going to class now."

Without letting them say anything, I left the office, walking to my first lesson.