chapter fifteen

The next day came quickly, following the orders of kirova. With me being 'too dangerous for the students' I have to go to the royal court. But only because I am the only one of my kind, the pure ultimate creature, the queen of the moroi world is curious about my species. So, with my bags packed, I will be going to the royal court. Being accompanied by Alexi, Guardian Stanton, and Guardian Wolfe. As it is just over a days ride to get over to Pennsylvania from Montana, we will be starting our journey in the beginning of human day, which is night time for moroi.

Walking out of my room, carrying my belongings, I head to the exit of the dorms building. Opening the exit door, I am hit with a calm cooling morning breeze, as I walk to the entrance of the academy. As usual, their are guardians posted, that guard the gates for any intrusion. Plus the entourage that will be coming to the court as well. both, Guardian Wolfe and Guardian Stanton are there with bags packed, wearing stoic expressions, while simultaneously searching for danger. Alexi is also there, and as soon as she spots me coming, comes to me in seconds.

"Burney, good you're bags are all packed. The car will be here any second. We were just waiting for you to come until Guardian Wolfe got to get the car."

"Yeah, Ali."
By the time we reached the gates, Ade was already here with the car. I hadn't even realised he went to retrieve the vehicle, until a black Audi appeared outside the gates.

"Good, you are here." Said Stanton. "Now let's go while it is still daytime. If we are lucky, we will be there before it gets dark."

" how will we get their before dark if the trip is for over a days worth ride?" I asked confused.

" well."replied Ade, getting out of the car. " we will be driving as much as we can until it is dark outside, then stop at a motel. As soon as it is day time tomorrow, we will drive the rest of the way to court."

" okay. It makes sense." I mumbled, nodding my head in understanding.

"Now that everything is settled, can we get in the car and hit the road?" Asks Stanton, getting in the passengers side.

"Sure"

Alexi and I get into the back, while Ade took our luggage. Then, he put them into the boot, before getting into the drivers side, driving to court.

**

Half way to the trip, and I am past bored. And when I get bored, I annoy people. Alexi is having a nap, so can pass the time easier.

" Are we there yet?" I asked no one in particular.

"For the fourth and final time, we are nowhere near the court. It's only been about 2hours into the trip." Answers Ade, obvious annoyance in his voice.

"Yeah but I am bored." I say, as I pout like a child.

Stanton sighs.

5mins later...

"I am hungry" I say randomly.

Nobody answers.

"Oh, I am sooo bored. And there is nothing to do."

" can somebody shut her up" says Stanton's, loud enough that it startles Alexi awake.

" what is wrong." She asked, sounding exhausted.

" what's wrong. I will tell you what's wrong, her over there won't shut up with her moaning. And she is getting on my nerves." Replies Stanton, clear anger in his voice.

"Oh is that all. I thought it was something serious."

"How can you not be annoyed by that." He says, exasperated.