Ch 7: Just tell me

*Zane's POV*

I hear the door open and head over the door and see Travis looking back at me.

It's time.

"Come." I tell him walking over to the living room. I sit on the couch and have him sit next to me.

"Travis," I start to say without breaking down, "please tell me, what's going on?" I look him in the eye with a concern look.

"What are you talking about? Nothing going on!" Travis says nervously, while rubbing the back of his head.

"Travis! I'm tried if you brushing it off like it's nothing!" I yell at him with tears forming in my eyes, "You're never home, you've been ignoring me for the past several weeks and whenever I bring it up you just change the subject! Do you even love me anymore?!" I can feel the tears start to fall down my face as I say the last part.

"No! Zane it's not like that! I still love you. I just can't tell. It's complicated." Travis says looking at me.

"Why can't you tell me? Whatever it is-" I start to say but get cut off,

"No, Zane. I'm not ready to tell you. Can we just leave it at that?" Travis says looking down.

I nod. I get up and head upstairs. I step into bed and just lay there crying.

Why can't you just tell me?

*Travis' POV*

I just sit on the couch. I don't even know what to do. He hates me now.

I can't tell him.

He would hate me and be scared of me, I just can't.

I get up and head to my room. I get changed for bed and lay there knowing I'll get no sleep tonight.

~~~~~Next Day~~~~~

I wake up to seeing just purple.

Oh no

I run over to the mirror. I feel myself but my skin is grey, horns and purple eyes.

"No No No!" I say to myself. I need to calm down, I need to change back. I can't let Zane see me like this. I grab my phone and fumble with it trying to call Lucinda.

Ring.....Ring......Ring

No answer.

I'm so screwed! I can't let Zane see me like this he'll hate me! Maybe I can sneak out without anyone seeing me! No that wouldn't work!

My thoughts races thinking on what to do. I can't even think straight, although I never can.

I end up bumming into the dresser and knock over a picture or me and Zane.

Smash!

No way he didn't hear that. I jump into bed and cover myself with the covers. I hear a knock on the door. I stayed silent. I could hear the door open.

"Travis" Zane says. I can hear his footsteps come closer to the bed. Now shaking. He's going to find out. This is it. He's going to hate me and fear me.

Darkness turns into light as the covers come off me.

"Travis?"