Ch 8: Stop Hiding

*Zane's POV*

I pull the covers off the bumps they cover.

I uncover a gray skin, white hair, horned, creature.

"Travis?" I say in shock. Is this what he's been keeping from me?

"Zane please....don't look at me.." Travis sobbed. I don't care what he says I'm not leaving him. I sit down on the bed and turn his head to face mine. He had tears coming out from his purple eyes.

"You hate me don't you." Travis says refusing to make eye contact with me.

I made him make eye contact and said, "Travis, I don't love you for what you look like. I love you for who you are, your silly, goofy, flirty, loving personality. If this is what you were hiding from me, I don't care about it! So stop hiding things from me ok?"

He was in tears are this point, "Ok." He says, "Zane,"

"Yeah?" I respond. "I love you." He says, grabbing my mask pulling it down and smashing his lips onto mine. I immediately kiss back.

When we pull back and I say, "I love you,too" then hug him.

We sit there like that for a while not wanting to let go but then Travis let go so he can turn back.

He had a worry look in his eyes still, "Please Zane don't tell anyone. I don't want anyone to find out." He says quietly.

"I won't tell until you're ready to tell them yourself. But I still have a question to ask." I say. He looks up at me, "Where have you been going?"

"Oh that! I've been going to Lucinda's. She was trying to help me figure out why I was turning suddenly." Travis explains.

"Did you figure out anything?" I ask. He shakes his head, "The most is Lucinda feeling a strange presence and that's it."

"Ok well I'm glad you told me." I say hugging him, "I love you."

"I love you too."