Chapter 2

Toni in mm

Finding The Right One

Toni's POV

Today is the day that my sisters, and my good friend, Bille Woodruff is coming over to help me pick the winner of the contest. Unfortunately, Tamar wasn't able to make it, but I understood considering what she's been going through lately. I'm very excited to see what everyone has came up with.

So, for me to choose the winner, all participants had to send me a video of their talent and telling me the basics about themselves, and a letter with the correct answers to the questions I posted online. I made sure to ask difficult questions about myself that only a true Toni Tiger would know the answers to. I made some of them music related and personal related.

I'm giving everyone a fair chance to win this contest. The best is the winner. They have to bring their all to get something. Bring nothing; they get nothing. Simple.

Right now, I'm setting up everything in my theater room for when everyone comes over. Knowing my sisters, they're gonna want food and wine. I'm so excited.

-Four hours later-

"Okay, we're down to two more people." Bille said as he set up for the next video.

"Who's up first?" I asked. Trina picked up the next letter.

"Her name is Maria Davis, and she's 16 years old. She's a sophomore in high school, and lives in Houston, Texas. She's been dancing since she was five years old." Trina explained before tossing the letter on the table.

" Trina explained before tossing the letter on the table

"Okay, let's see what we got." Bille said before he pressed play.

"Hi, Toni. I'm Maria and I have a passion for dance. I believe that being a part of this contest is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and even if I don't win; I'd know that I've tried my best."

The video proceeded to show me her talent. I admit she was really good, but she just wasn't the right one. I would be able to feel it, and so far I was impressed but not impressed enough. The last person is my only hope. I pray and hope that this next person is the right person.

"She was pretty good." Towanda said while nodding her head.

"But, she missed three of the quiz questions." Trina said as she looked at all of the questions.

"I agree that was she was amazing, but she's not the right one. A lot of people that entered in this contest were trying too hard just to get my approval. I need someone that wants to win and will really show me that they want it. Not just by their talent. I have to feel that they really want this." I explained a little frustrated. I just needed someone to actually take this chance seriously and use it wisely.

"Well, we still have one more video to look at. Maybe this is the right person." Traci said.

"I hope so." I replied honestly.

"The last person is Kristina James. She's 17-years-old, and a junior in high school. She's from Louisiana. She not only dances but she sings, too." Trina explained briefly. For some reason, when Trina was talking about Kristina; I couldn't help but be intrigued. She sounded interesting without trying too hard.

 She sounded interesting without trying too hard

"I wanna see her video." I tried not to let my excitement show too much. If she can grab my attention with just a few words on a piece of paper; I know she can do the same with her video. Bille played her video.

"Hey Toni, I'm Kristina James and instead of trying to impress you by telling you what I can do; I'm just gonna show you what I can do." She said. That was a relief to hear. All of the other candidates wanted to just tell me what they were about. Kristina wanted to show me what she was really about.

The video had changed. It showed her in what appeared to be a studio. She basically put on a show for us. I couldn't wait to see what she got.

(Her routine)

She really impressed me with that. It was sexy yet classy. I could tell it was an original because it looked like it just came naturally. She made it fun for herself. It was like she wasn't even making this for a contest, but making it just to make it. The video switched again. It looked like she was in her room. She was sitting on her bed with a guitar in her hand. The posters of Braxton Family Values and of me and more artists were noticeable.

"As stated in my letter, I not only love to dance but I sing, too. I'm gonna be honest right now and say that I'm super nervous, but I'm also excited. I wrote this song myself, so I hope you enjoy it."

Her voice was amazing. It was a very raw and different sound and I love it. I loved how she felt so relaxed while doing what she loved. The passion was incredible. Looks like I finally found what I'm looking for.

"She's amazing," Bille said.

"Yeah, and she answered all of the questions right. She even answered some questions that she wrote down herself that wasn't on the online quiz," Trina said which shocked me.

"Looks like we found our winner," I said while nodding my head in approval.

Kristina's POV

"So Krissy, what if you win this contest? Will you forget about me?" Kadie asked sadly.

"Kadie, you know I wouldn't forget about you. We've been friends forever, and it's gonna stay that way." I said honestly. We were in the living room at my house. We had just finished watching the new episode of Braxton Family Values. We stopped focusing on the TV once the episode ended.

"Alright, but when you become famous; make sure you don't forget to mention who was there for you since day one." She said as we laughed.

"I promise I won't. But, first things first, I have to find out if I actually won the contest. I'm nervous as hell, and it doesn't help that I sent everything to her late." I explained.

"Just have faith, Kris." She said, making me smile.