Chapter Five

Taylor's POV

I woke up the next morning, a little confused. I wasn't sure where I was, but I soon remembered. I had been hoping that I would get some magic revelation in the middle of the night, and suddenly remember everything, but that didn't seem to be the case. All I have remembered so far are the lyrics to 'Everything Has Changed' and Ed's song 'Lego House'. I quietly crept downstairs, and found Ed, who was already awake, sitting on the sofa, his eyes red.

"Good morning." I said. He quickly turned around, wiping his eyes a little.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Really well. How about you?" I returned.

"Oh... Great. This couch is actually pretty soft." He said with a nervous laugh. "So...you hungry for breakfast?"

"Yeah, a little. But I think I just want some cereal." I told him.

"Ok. If you want, I can fix you some Honey Nut Cheerios." He offered.

"How'd you..." I asked, at first shocked that he knew my favorite cereal. "Oh... Yeah. That sounds great!" I said, and he quickly hopped up, and fixed me a bowl. I walked over to the table and sat down, just as he placed the bowl in front of me.

"You know...my fans...they call themselves Sheerios." He said, staring at his feet.

"Fans?" I asked, confused. "I know we did a duet together but..." I said.

He sighed. "Sorry. Ok. My personal history. Edward Christopher Sheeran, born on February 17th in 1991. Raised in Framlingham, Suffolk. Later, my family picked up and moved to London to pursue my music career. In 2011, I released my own extended play, which was titled 'No. 5 Collaborations Project'. Then, I signed to Asylum Records, and later in 2011 I released my debut album, '+'. Then, you heard my album I guess, and I got a call from my producer, saying you wanted to write with me. I was elated, the pop star Taylor Swift wants to work with me! You invited me over to your house, and you were like 'I just got a new trampoline! Do you wanna see it?' And I was like OF COURSE I DO and we ran outside and jumped on it for forever. You were having the time of your life, you seemed so indisputably happy. After we tired out, you grabbed your guitar, and I grabbed mine, and a couple hours later, we had written 'Everything Has Changed'. Later on, you decided you wanted it on your fourth album, Red, and so we recorded it together. When you went on your Red tour, you called me and asked if I would be the opening act, and sing our duet later on in the night. I was like YES YES YES COUNT ME IN and we toured on your Red tour. Right after it ended, I released my second album, 'x'. Right after that you and I started dating. For our first date, I took you out to a beautiful pond, and we had a picnic. Then, you released your fifth album, and I held a huge party for you. We did everything together, and you were always telling me how much you loved me. We had a bazillion sleepovers, and we always fell asleep on the couch, watching TV or something, huddled up under blankets and pillows. Then, just under a year of us dating, we moved into this house together. We always fell asleep holding hands, and usually I'd have you held tight in a hug. Whenever you had a bad dream, which was often, I'd console you, and you'd fall asleep in my arms again. Your mom would always tell me that ever since we had gotten together, this was the happiest she'd ever seen you. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I really loved you, and I knew that I wanted to marry you. Then, a week and a day ago, I asked you to marry me. You were crying, bawling, screaming yes over and over again. I slid the ring on your finger, and you practically jumped on top of me and hugged me and kissed me, and we were both crying. Then...that car came flying down towards us, but I was so focused on you... I didn't hear it coming. I should've, I should've, I should've. You, with your arms already wrapped around me, you threw your whole body weight backwards, and you saved my life. The car sped on into the fields, but you fell backwards. Your skull crashed against the pavement, and it landed on a rock. I fell on top of you. I immediately hopped up, and dialed 911. They came, and took you to the hospital, and the rest is history." He finished, just about crying.