Chapter Ten

Taylor's POV

I awoke slowly. Ed's arms were wrapped around me, and he was still asleep. I smiled and leaned back into him. A few minutes later, he awoke.

"Good morning Eddie." I said, then stood shocked at myself.

"You remembered! Your nickname for me! That's it! You always call me 'Eddie' or 'Ginger' and you haven't done that in such a long time, love. Thank you. I love you." He said, giving me a tight squeeze.

I rolled over to look him in the face, still keeping his arms wrapped around me. "I love you too." I said, smiling. "Kiss me." I jokingly demanded.

"I would love to." He said, and he kissed me. There wasn't a lot of distance between us, but I somehow managed to get even closer to him. When we pulled away, we looked each other in the eyes and grinned. "I've waited for so long to wake up like this." He said, and I gave him another quick kiss.

"Without realizing it...somehow...me too. This is how it should be every morning." I agreed.

"Definitely." He smiled. "Taylor...could I be bluntly honest with you for a moment?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Of course." I promised, but I was a little worried. "What is it?"

"Well...you see... I said that I didn't really mind sleeping on the sofa...which I guess I didn't....it wasn't uncomfortable or anything but...I kept having these dreams of you running up to me....throwing you arms around me and giving me a kiss....but once our lips just barely touched in this beautiful moment...your eyes would get really wide...and you'd run away...I'd try to go after you...but you would yell at me to stay away....that you hated me...and...well...I didn't have that dream last night...it was the first time in awhile that I slept the whole night without waking up afraid that you were going to leave me....that's really ridiculous of me, I'm sorry. I just...I love you and...I was so worried you wouldn't remember me, or that you would but you'd decide you didn't like me anymore or something. I love you Taylor. A lot." He finished, and I smiled a little bit.

"Ed...somehow that makes me feel so good. Not the part about you having bad dreams and not getting a full night of sleep, that's terrible. But the thought that I matter enough to you for you to constantly worry about that, and have those dreams over and over, because you are constantly concerned about me, and that I mean that much to you...that's amazing. I'm sorry you had all those nightmares, though. I wouldn't ever run away from you, ever. I promise, no need to worry. I love you and that's all I really know." I sang, and then gave him another kiss.

"Really? Like...you honestly remember me and you won't ever leave? And you love me?" He asked, as if though that was impossible.

"Really. I honestly remember you I won't ever ever ever leave. I love you. And I always will." I promised.

"Taylor...words cannot explain how much I love you." He said, and kissed me. "Do you have anything planned for lunch today, my love?" He asked with a smile.

"Nope." I replied, knowing where he was going with this.

"Would you like to have a lunch with me? We could go anywhere you like." He offered.

"You know, I would really love that. What do you say we get lunch at the bakery?" I suggested.

"That sounds wonderful, love. We should probably get dressed and ready for the day then." He said. I nodded and we both hopped out of bed. We got ready and had a small breakfast, and then sat around a little bit before we decided to go. We sat on the sofa and talked a little.

"I love you, Taylor." Ed said, and I smiled.

"I love you too." I returned, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.