Chapter Eight

*A Few Weeks Later*

Taylor's POV

In the shower, I closed my eyes, letting the water pour down my back.

"Ed!" I screamed, having another flashback. My head hurt a little bit, but not as bad as before. I heard him throw the door open, and he sounded out of breath.

"What? Taylor, are you alright?" He asked worried.

I paused for a moment, finishing the flashback. "I remember how we felt sitting by the water, you put your arm around me for the first time, you made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter, you are the best thing that's ever been mine." I sang, smiling.

"Ummm.. That's great love, I listen to that song all the time, actually...but, umm... Are you going anywhere with this?" He said, sounding hopeful. I shut the shower off, wrapped myself in a towel, but didn't step out.

"Give me just a second to get dressed. Then, I'll tell you." I told him, so excited about what I was going to say that I wanted to see the look on his face.

"Just tell me now, love. Or, tell me while you get dressed. I don't mind, really." He promised.

"But I mind." I told him. "Give me five seconds, then I'll tell you."

He sighed. "Ok. But if you take six seconds, then I'm busting in." He joked, and I giggled. I heard him walk out, and then shut the door behind him. I quickly got dressed, and I ran out into the bedroom to find him on the bed.

"What is it you want to tell me?" He asked, and I sat down next to him, then he wrapped his arm around me.

"You told me about our first date a few weeks ago, right? You said we had a picnic by a pond. I thought, if we were at a pond, what would we do? Obviously, we would eat lunch, if it was a picnic. I imagined that we would stare at the water, talk, maybe swim. I started imagining these scenarios, and then when I got in the shower, I started thinking about them really hard again, with the water pouring on me." I explained, and I put my arms around him, and leaned on his chest. "Ed...I remember our first date." I said, then immediately began crying. "And it was so wonderful, sitting with you by that pond, with nothing to disturb us. Just you and me, having lunch together." I said, crying even harder. He hugged me tight, kissed the top of my head, and I felt a few tears hit my hair.

"Taylor?" He asked cautiously.

"Hmm?"

"Do...do you love me?" He asked, crying and holding me.

"I...I think I do." I said, and I started crying even harder. "I...I...love...you." I said, uttering them quietly, as if though afraid to say it. Ed started to sob even harder, clutching me close. I buried my head in his chest, feeling safe wrapped in his arms.

"I...love you...too." He said through tears.

"On our first date...I remember that...that you kissed me...and that was over a year ago...and I...I just...don't overdo it...I...well...kiss me." I requested, and he didn't wait to say yes. Suddenly, his lips were against mine, softly, not overdoing it, just like I had asked. It wasn't very long, but it felt so right. We pulled away, and looked each other in the eyes, leaning our head against one another, noses touching. We both grinned like idiots, tears streaming down our faces. "You know what?" I asked.

"What?" Ed asked, still smiling and crying.

"On that date, we snuggled up together on that picnic blanket. What do you say we snuggled up and watch some TV downstairs?" I suggested, keeping my head against his, both of us grinning.