Chapter Seven

Taylor's POV

I awoke the next morning, my face buried in something. I back away a little bit, and found that I was buried into Ed's chest, and I immediately tried to back away, before I found that he had his arms wrapped around me.

"Mm?" Ed said sleepily, I must've awoken him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I apologized. He lifted his arms a little bit to stretch, and I quickly rolled away and hopped out of bed.

"You're ok. Where are you going?" He asked, looking up at me.

"I just...that was...umm..." I stuttered, unsure of what to say.

"Oh, Taylor, I'm sorry. I should've gone back downstairs, I'm sorry. I'll go back downstairs and you can finish getting some sleep. I'm sorry, love." He apologized, and I could tell he felt really bad.

"Yeah...if you wouldn't mind...I...I just..."I said, stuttering again.

"No, it's ok. Get all the sleep you want. I'll be downstairs." He said, and he quickly hopped out of bed, gave me a hug, and then ran out of the room. I fell back in bed and got some more sleep.

Ed's POV

That whole night was going so well. I should've known. I messed it up. She had just remembered me, barely, I shouldn't have forced myself onto her like that.

I ran downstairs, and threw myself onto the couch. I stared up at the ceiling, unable to get sleep. It must've been an hour or two more before Taylor came downstairs. By then, I had already worked out what I want to say.

"Good morning." She said, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Good morning, love." I said, and I stood up to face her. "Listen, Taylor, about me....sleeping...next to you...I'm really really sorry. You had just opened your heart up to me, remembered some little bit about me, and I just, I shouldn't have done that. I should've come back down here, I should've let you get some sleep. I'm so sorry, Taylor." I apologized, feeling absolutely terrible.

"You're ok." She said, and she walked over and gave me a hug. All of a sudden, I felt her hug really really tight, she shut her eyes, and she urged me to say something. "Ed, quick, say something into my ear, like...like we had just performed 'Everything Has Changed' on the Red tour."

"Good job, Taylor." I whispered into her ear, playing along. "See you after, alright? Good luck." I said, and she stayed quiet for a few seconds, and then she burst into tears. "Taylor, are you alright? I'm sorry if I upset you..." I apologized.

"I remembered...our performance...on the Red tour...all 66 dates...you and me...I'm beginning to remember you!" She said, elated, crying into my shoulder. I held her tight against me. "All your cat shirts...your little jokes...all of it!" She exclaimed, sobbing hard.

"Oh my gosh, Taylor... That's...that's the best." I agreed, also crying a little. "Oh....Taylor, I love you so much, darling." I told her.

"Ed..." Taylor said.

"Yes?"

"On the last date that you were there...I remember not wanting it to be the last one...because then I wouldn't get to spend every night with you..." She said, still sobbing. "On that last date...I loved you a little." She finished, and she cried harder.

I hugged her tight, also crying. "Really?" I asked.

"Mm hmm." She nodded. "It wasn't anything crazy...I just had a little crush on you...but...I have that same little crush on you right now..." She said, and we both held each other and cried.

"My god, Taylor...this is the absolute best....I love you so so so much, I couldn't even explain right now." I told her, hugging her tight, letting my tears fall freely.

We stood for a few moments, crying and holding each other. Once we both calmed down, I sat down on the couch, and motioned for her to sit next to me. She didn't cuddle up right next to me, but I didn't force her. We sat in silence for a few minutes, before Taylor hopped up. "I've got an idea." She said, and she ran off. A couple moments later, she came back down the hall, my guitar in one hand and hers in the other. "I remembered which guitar is yours." She said, and I hugged her, as a few tears escaped her eyes. She gave me mine, and she sat down with hers. "Could we sing 'Everything Has Changed'? Because I remember it now." She asked.

"Of course, Taylor." I said, elated she did remember. "Good to go?" I asked, and she nodded. We both sang through the song perfectly, and when we finished, she started crying again.

"I can't believe it...I remember you...the song...our performance...your guitar..." She said, very happy with herself. I set my guitar down, and she set hers down. I scooted close to her, giving her a hug.

"Taylor, I'm so...happy. I am so glad you're starting to remember things. I'm so so so glad. I love you, darling." I told her, as she cried into me. She calmed down a little bit after a few minutes.

"Ed? Could I ask you something?" She asked.

"Of course love, anything." I promised.

"Even though I don't know you all that much...I don't love you like you seem to love me right now...do you still love me? Even though...even though I only remember a few things about you?" She asked nervously.

"Of course I do, darling. I love you so so so much, no matter what. Even if there was no possible way your memory could come back, and you would never be able to remember all those things we did, I would still love you unconditionally. I would still make sure to tell you every day and every night, just so you wouldn't forget. Even if you don't love me right now, I love you more than I love anyone else on this planet. And that won't ever change." I promised, and she hugged me.

"Ok. I think I like that answer." She said, and gave me another hug.