Chapter Seventeen

*Two Months Later*

Taylor's POV

I walked over to Ed, who was seated on the sofa. I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled. "Ed?" I asked.

"Yes, my beautiful wife?" He said, giving me a kiss.

I took his hands and placed them on my belly. "Do you remember how, on our wedding day, we agreed it would be really cool if we put a little kid in here?" I asked, gesturing to my stomach. He nodded, eyes growing wide. "Well...what if I told you that our child's in there, right now, growing bigger every minute, getting ready to be held, in nine months?" I said, grinning, rubbing my belly with his hands.

"Taylor...Taylor, are you serious?" He asked, shocked, and I nodded. He burst into tears, enclosing me in a very tight hug, crying into my shoulder. "Oh my god, Taylor, that's the best. In nine months, I'm going to be a father?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yep!" I said, also getting a little teary-eyed. "So you're happy?" I asked, just to make sure. I wasn't positive as to how he would take the news.

"I am elated! Our own little kid, a perfect combination of us. I...I can't believe it! I love you so much, darling. You will be the best mum EVER, Taylor, the best. Oh my god...I love you so so so much." He said through tears, still holding onto me very tightly. I hugged him tight, leaning into his shoulder as he leaned into mine. A little while later, he leaned away from me and stared at my stomach, eyes wide. "Taylor...our child is in there! Our...our child!" He said, then leaned back into me. After a lot more freaking out, hugging, and crying, Ed calmed down a little bit. "Taylor...do...do you think I'd make a good dad? I mean...what if the kid doesn't like me? What if I do something stupid? It's a whole living being we are going to be responsible for!" He contemplated as he stared at his hands, freaking out again.

"Edward Christopher Sheeran...don't say things like that! There's a reason I married you ya know." I told him, tilting his chin up to look at me, ruffling his hair and running my fingers softly over his cheek. "Before we'd even started dating, I'd always wondered if you were ever a possibility. I always loved you, but at first it was more of a brother-sister kind of thing. But then, at the set for Everything Has Changed, I noticed how good you are with kids. Then I started noticing all your quirks and the things that made you different from everyone else. Before I knew it, I was head over heels in love with you. I loved every little thing about you, the way you run your fingers through your hair when you're nervous, the way you hug me after every performance, everything. Then, we started dating, and I had the best time of my life. Soon enough we were living together, and finding you next to me every morning in bed was the best thing ever. And then, you asked me to marry you! Those five seconds of remembering after I said yes, I felt as if though everything was going to be ok. In those few seconds, it was a rush of so many different feelings. I knew I'd finally found the one, I knew that I wasn't going to have to to through any more heartbreak, some one was actually going to care for me, until I grow old and I die, I knew someone was really going to love me. Then, I forgot you, and you still stuck by my side and cared for me, until I remembered every little thing about you. For the longest time before we ever actually got married, I imagined all the different things we would be able to do together, as a married couple. Having kids crossed my mind all the time. I thought of how you'd be so adorable, holding our baby for the first time. I could just see, in my head, how you'd cry over him or her, because you would be so happy and I know you'd do everything to keep that little kid safe. I imagined when our child might be older, six or seven, and you'd sit at the edge of their bed and play your guitar for them until they'd fall asleep. Ed, you're going to be the most perfect father ever, don't think differently for a second. I love you." I finished my little pep talk and leaned on his shoulder, loosely throwing my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"You...you believe in me?" He asked, wiping his eyes.

"Of course I do, Ed. There isn't anyone else that I would ever want to spend the rest of my life with, much less have kids with. I love you and that's all I really know." I promised.

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Taylor... This is the best. You...especially you...our child...my life...perfect."

A/N: sorry, this chapter is really short. I promise that the next few will be longer! :)