Chapter 42 : Failures

Rebecca , Ethan , Salmen and Braddin were driving to the end of town , driving with a hope that they will find Ian and Tia , they will find them safe and together , what could go wrong when they are together ..

Braddin's mind was travelling to all the things that he never said to his wife , the things he should've , he was blaming himself for not being able to protect her from this , he couldn't prevent this from happening , how could he be so oblivious to the fact that someone who was always around him wanted to hurt her , how could he not sense the danger around her , it's his job to protect her , it's his job to make sure nobody ever comes near her. But he failed , he failed today , the only reason he was keeping it together was because of his kids and having his friends around that he knew would do anything to get her back and so would he ..

Salmen was thinking almost the same as braddin , two girls that were in his protection , he was supposed to be looking after them , he was suppose to be protecting them  , instead he just lets them go with the same person he was suppose to be saving them from .. how stupid was he to never notice that natalie was trying to hurt them , how stupid was he to let ian walk around town at this time of the night .. if only he had stopped her , if only he had gone with them , then may be , may be she would've been right here with him , tia wouldn't be in danger , Rebecca and Ash wouldn't be in this state of mind , and braddin, his best friend braddin , who trusted him with his most precious thing , his family , and he failed her ..

Ethan had his arms around Rebecca , he wanted to protect her from this , protect her from this feeling that she was going to loose something today , something he knew was too important to her , he didn't know her friends so well but he knew that these were good kids , they deserved a happy and normal life , not long ago had they been graduated , they should've been off too college , they should've been filling college applications , finding their dorm rooms not this ! The hardest thing they had to be doing was deciding which college to go to not facing this danger that they were in , it was unfair to them , all of them , he turned his head to look at Rebecca , and he thought to himself,  specially not her , she should be living her life to the fullest , she should be smiling her precious smile , she should be exploring the world just like she wanted to , instead this amazing women with an extraordinary mind was stuck in this mess , a mess that he knew she can't fix , he knew somewhere that something was going to go terribly wrong , he had a feeling he wanted to fight this feeling , but he's a cop , he has to think ahead of the criminal , and what he was thinking scared him to death

   *Flashback*

"So natalie is your best friend huh ?"  Rebecca asked  in notorious tone , and Ash and Tia were both now looking at ian , it was not long after they met natalie for the first time  , Ian was so happy ever since she saw her , she was surprise but she was happy , a different kind of happy ..

"Isn't she the friend that you told us about when you met us for the first time and we asked you about a special person ?"  Tia copied the same tone that Rebecca had , she knew what Rebecca was doing , she wanted to do it too ..

When Rebecca asked Ian wasn't too suspicious or thought it was weird but when Tia asked , ian was a little onto it , they were thinking something , she just had to crack it , she looked both of them with a raised eyebrow , but the expressions on both of their notorious face didn't change , like they had practiced it ..

"Yeah , Ian , you seem pretty happy seeing your best friend ?" Ash contributed to the questions being asked to Ian , and now ian was definitely sure these were trick questions , while Tia and Rebecca looked at Ash with a proud expression , they might've just went ahead and clap for all they care ..