Chapter 9

I woke up early again and went to training early. I was at the swords as usualy when Audrey walked up again. "Hey Cato!!" I she was trying to flirt with me again because she had a low-cut top and some short shorts.

"Hey Audrey how's it goin?"

"Good. Heard clutz over there tried to run away."

"Ya. She is not a clutz either! Yes, I said she was, but I was just mad when I said it. It was just a bad throw."

"Oh. Sorry. Do you like her as a girlfriend?"

"No Only as a really good friend."

"Okay, then would you go out with me?"

"No."

"Oh please. You want a girl that's right for you. Not some jerk or loser right?"

"Right, but I will not date you."

"Fine, if you won't date me, you won't date anyone." With that said, I felt something enter my stomach and it had twisted a little. She let go of it and I dropped my sword. I clutched my hand around the knife and pulled it out.

I then fell to the ground bleeding heavily. "CATO!!!!" Clove was screaming hysterically. People had surrounded me now and were trying to help me. Clove pushed them all aside and made her way next to me.

She set my head on her lap and said to call me parents. "Everything will be fine. I promise. Please don't go." I felt her tears on my cheeks. I could feel people trying to wrap up the wound and people were dealing with Audrey also.

Someone came with a stretcher and Clove leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Please don't go." I then slipped out of conciousness. I could still see, so I knew they were taking me to a hospital. I had gotten back into conciousness and was looking around.

"Son can you hear me?" I nodded my head. "Can you talk? What is your name?"

"C..c...Cato."

"Okay that's a start. Just try to stay awake okay?" I nodded again. My stomach hurt and I was a little dizzy. "I...I..I.. f..f.feel d...d...dizzy."

"Okay. Someone get me an IV. We are going to stick some fluids into your body and that should help with the dizziness."

"Okay."

"Hey! No stuttering that time! That's good." I nodded because I was getting really tired. "I'm g..g...getting kind o..o..of t...t...tired."

"Cato you can't fall asleep okay?" I nodded my head again and stared at the cealing. My eyes were starting to close when we stopped. I was rushed into the hospital and everybody was gasping. I went straight into surgery.

They gave me something that would keep me awake, but I would feel anything. They put something around my neck so I couldn't see what was going on. I felt a little pinch of pain hear and there. I think I did fall asleep during the surgery.

*7-10 Hours Later*

I looked around and I was in a room in someone else's house. I could see my mom and dad were asleep. It looked like my mom had been crying because her face was puffy. I didn't see Clove anywhere.

I moved a little because I was uncomfortable. I then heard someone make a little sound and I pulled the blankets down a little and saw Clove. I shook her a little bit and her head shot up. "Cato?"

"Ya."

"CATO!!" She hugged me tightly and woke up my mom and dad when she screamed. "Clove! My stomach!"

"Oh sorry."

"It's okay." My mom once again had tears in her eyes and she sort of falling against dad. "Clove could you leave for a minute?"

"Ya sure." Clove left the room and my mom sat down next to me. "Cato I'm so glad your okay." She kissed my forehead and gave me a hug that wouldn't hurt my stomach. She started balling and my dad led her out of the room and Clove came back in.

"Hey. I was a little worried yesterday."

"Ya I remember. I remember you telling me to stay and you were crying hysterically." She was still by the door and she was blushing like crazy and then she locked the door. I knew what she wanted. She walked over to me and sat next to me.

"I don't know what I would have done without you."

"I think you do." I propped myself up more and she sat on the other side of the bed. "No I didn't. I probably would have just given up everything."

"No you wouldn't." With every word, we got closer and closer to each other. "You would keep going for me. Wouldn't you?"

"Ya." We were almost touching noses now. I the. Tiltsd my head a little to the side and then kissed her. I had brought my hand up to her cheek and wiped away her tears that were still there. "Cato, why did she do that to you?"

"She did it because I wouldn't go out with her and if she couldn't have me then no one could. "

"Oh. She is probably going to be put to death for that then."

"Ya." Clove leaned in and kissed me again and I kissed her back. I could still hear my mom crying so I knew this wouldn't be a problem. We finally pulled away when we were out of breath. Her cheeks were a slight pink.

"Why are you blushing?"

"I don't know."

"Of course you do."

"Okay I do, but I don't want to say it."

"Okay then let me ask you this. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"W..What?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes absolutley yes." I kissed her again and she went to unlock the door. "That's kind of the same thing I wanted to ask you. I wanted you to be my boyfriend."

"Well, you are pretty much my only friend and I would have said yes anyways."

"Really?"

"Of course I would.."

"I love you Cato."

"I love you to Clove."