03-"Shadows of a Tragedy"

The sun sets gently on the horizon, painting the sky with warm hues above the kingdom of Dante

The sun sets gently on the horizon, painting the sky with warm hues above the kingdom of Dante. A subtle smile lights up my face as I approach the Iris estate, a noble lineage rooted in this picturesque region for generations.

As the son of Duke Iris Von Ferghengeir, Iris Von Nuea, I have taken leave from the military base where I serve as vice-captain of the kingdom's forces. A special mission awaits me: my younger brother's birthday. A delicious cake and a royal warrior's uniform, carefully chosen, are the treasures I carry through the kingdom's cobblestone streets.

The majestic silhouette of the Iris estate looms on the horizon. An anticipatory smile dances on my lips as I imagine the celebration that will animate the reception hall of this noble residence. Although the usual respectful guards are not visible upon my arrival, I shake my head, assuming that perhaps Lenardo, our friend, has already informed them of my return, contributing to a surprise they have prepared for me.

My steps quicken, filled with restrained excitement at the thought of seeing my little brother's eyes light up upon discovering the surprise, and the joy my mother and father will feel, having not seen me for over a month. Pushing the large door adorned with the Iris symbol enthusiastically, I expect to uncover a scene of celebration, vibrant decorations, and smiling faces. However, I see no one, nor any decorations. I frown but continue forward, thinking that once I open the reception hall door, everyone will shout "Surprise." I smile even more at this idea.

Holding firmly the long-desired gift for my little brother and the cake, I traverse the garden and the hall until I reach the reception hall. I begin to gently push the door open and shout loudly "Surprise" to catch them off guard. However, what I see causes the items I was holding to fall from my hands, freezing my joyful expression into one of horror.

The room is plunged into darkness, except for a dim light. No faces turn towards me, no shouts of surprise resonate. Instead, vacant stares and motionless figures occupy the space. A cold sensation of apprehension seizes me, and I begin to tremble.

— What is happening here? I murmur, my eyes desperately searching for answers among the frozen shadows. The joyous celebration I had imagined has given way to an eerily sinister tableau.

I remain motionless, hands trembling, unable to comprehend the horror unfolding before my eyes. The macabre scene is beyond anything I could have imagined. My family and the residents of my estate have been cruelly murdered. Shock overwhelms me as I struggle to accept the reality of this brutal massacre.

I haven't seen my loving family for over a month. Their last goodbye, filled with pride and smiles, still resonates in my mind. Was it a premonitory farewell? The peaceful life I left behind has been transformed into an unspeakable nightmare. It's too unreal; this must be a bad dream. I need to wake up.

The horrifying details of the crime scene are unbearable. The walls of the room seem to still echo the violence that took place here. Overturned furniture and broken objects litter the floor, silent witnesses to the chaos that reigned in this place. Blood splatters stain the walls, turning the once peaceful atmosphere into an indescribable horror scene.