08- "Echoes of a Princely Confrontation"

The gray clouds delicately embrace the sky, adorned with subtle shades of mauve and yellow, capturing the reflections of the sun timidly emerging after the torrential rain over the kingdom of Dante

The gray clouds delicately embrace the sky, adorned with subtle shades of mauve and yellow, capturing the reflections of the sun timidly emerging after the torrential rain over the kingdom of Dante. A sigh escapes me involuntarily, surprised by the bravery with which this prisoner dares to defy me during the interrogation. Yet, I am intimately convinced that it is this audacity that has captured my attention. My gaze rises to the firmament, where my reflection persists on the magnificence and power of the one who created it, admiring this living tableau where the clouds are adorned with gray, purple, and yellow hues.

I slowly wander through the corridors, absorbing the cold and silent atmosphere that envelops every corner, until my steps guide me to the place where the prisoner endures his captivity. Deliberately, I choose to sit in front of his cell. The cold bars materialize the tangible separation between our realities, a web of solitude woven between freedom and captivity. My gaze gets lost in the dark abysses of the cell, where the murmur of unanswered questions blends delicately into the air charged with uncertainty.

— You are back.

— How dare you address the crown prince of the kingdom of Dante in such a manner? Do you have no fear, or are you blinded by the reality that keeps you captive?

— Hm... What can I say? I am also the crown prince of the kingdom of Calphyra, even if I have renounced all of that to live where the one I love resides.

— And you claim that this being is Elician?

— Yes, it is certainly not you.

— While even Elician himself does not recognize you, you expect me to believe you? I would like to know your story, to understand why you infiltrated the palace in such a manner when Dante and Calphyra maintain peaceful relations.

— If you are so certain about our kingdoms, why not prepare a room for me instead of leaving me languishing here?

— When I have confirmed your identity, I will release you and apologize to the prince of Calphyra. I know the two princes of Calphyra, but your face is unknown to me.

I watch him settle with apparent nonchalance, arms crossed. His calm astonishes me, and his detached responses only further irritate my senses. Should I simply end his life? However, considering the possibility that he is truly the crown prince who rejected his title, according to persistent rumors, a shadow of reflection engulfs me. If his father, King Vertile Ribert Calphyra, declares war on us, the outcome could be fatal for both kingdoms. This formidable vampire is in no way inferior to the power of my own father. Uncertainty looms as to which kingdom will endure the most losses in the event of this imminent conflict.

— I wonder why you renounced your title of crown prince when you embody such a powerful force. I doubt your two brothers could rival you.