13- "In the Glare of Blood: Intertwined Destinies and Shaken Families"

Standing before this captivating image of the silver-haired man, every aspect seems to tell a profound story, as if each silver strand bears the burden of years and memories

Standing before this captivating image of the silver-haired man, every aspect seems to tell a profound story, as if each silver strand bears the burden of years and memories. I let out a sigh, delving into deep reflection where a gentle melancholy creeps in, reminding me of a lost time, imbued with a profound sadness that reflects the nuances of existence. A glimmer of restrained anger dances in my eyes, a silent witness to the inner battles that torment me. How could he abandon me like this? Was I ever more than a stranger to him? Yet, despite these torments, I cannot bring myself to hate him.

— Your Grace, are you implying that this man is truly your father?!

I look at his wide-eyed expression, filled with deep surprise. Worry had gripped me when he failed to wake up in time during my journey through the past, through the shards of eternity. So, I hastened to seek out a book to deepen my understanding, but upon my return to the basement, I found him absorbed in contemplation of this painting, a figure I had wished so much to erase from my memory, but who remains unforgettable.

— It's the truth, Nuea. His name was Evan Stewart, an immortal who chose to abandon his daughter out of love, I suppose. I simply wonder what sparks your curiosity about such an individual.

— Do not speak like that, Anna. Your father would be deeply hurt to hear such words,' retorts my uncle Ethan as he approaches, while Nuea nods to us before walking away, tracing her path.

— Uncle Ethan, I find it hurtful that you always take my father's side, even after all he's done.

— Anna, perhaps you should revisit the past through the shards to uncover the truth.

— What truth, Uncle Ethan? Do you want me to relive the moment when he chose that woman over me?

— Anna, it's not as simpl...

— I don't want to hear it! Leave me alone with this idea! We've already discussed it. Stop defending the indefensible, I can't bear it anymore!

Frustration overwhelms me, everyone annoys me! How can he take my father's side when he suffers memory loss every twenty years because of his actions? Rage consumes me, I must find refuge in the garden to regain my composure. Thankfully, the decision to magically link the manor and the Konan duchy has been a true inspiration.

I was only ten years old when he chose to abandon me, claiming he couldn't live without that woman. He chose to leave me alone, despite knowing it would deeply affect my uncle Ethan, who had always been by his side through the ages. Yet, despite this unbreakable bond, he evaporated, as if our existence no longer mattered.

Why should I feel sympathy by saying my father was a good man? How could I find compassion for someone who deliberately chose to turn his back on his own family, leaving behind a helpless child and a wounded brother of the heart? Every day without him has been a struggle to understand why he made this choice, why he deemed another life more valuable than ours.