11- "Entangled Emotions in the Waltz of Masks"

The cascade of shiny hair framing his face matches his name perfectly, Cyan

The cascade of shiny hair framing his face matches his name perfectly, Cyan. This man is as mocking and cunning as a fox from ancient tales. Yet, despite the closeness, I wonder why I cannot delve into his memories or manipulate him as I do with others. A strange disturbance stirs my mind at this thought, an unsettling sensation I cannot explain.

Every time I attempt to probe his memories, I encounter an invisible barrier, as if his mind is protected by an impenetrable wall of memories. He seems aware of my attempts to penetrate his mental intimacy, and this awareness seems to fuel his pleasure in staying by my side, like a silent challenge to remind me that he is the master of his own thoughts.

This subtle dance of power and resistance creates an electric tension between us, a kind of silent game where every move is calculated, every look laden with implications. I am aware of his gaze that defies me, reminding me of my own vulnerability in the face of his elusive mind.

But at this moment, what captures all my attention and amazement is my encounter with this extraordinary woman, Annabelle. Her elegant silhouette stood out in the dimness of the bar, like a rare flower illuminated by the moonlight. Her name, evocative of purity, contrasts with the complexity of her being. Despite my vampiric nature sharpened by centuries of life, I could not unravel the mysteries that surrounded her.

She did not emit a vampiric aura, nor even the usual human vitality. Yet, even when she seemed harmless, she occupied my thoughts. Her presence left indelible marks in the meanders of my immortal mind, and her gaze contained untold stories, secrets buried beneath the surface of her graceful appearance, irresistibly seducing me.

What intrigues me most is her connection with Cyrano Wild Heter. This fallen prince, whose name resonates like a fateful echo, became a legendary figure after the death of his human wife, the event that plunged him into a dark spiral and earned him the sinister nickname "demon of war." The closeness Annabelle maintains with this tormented being who calls her "guardian of his family" defies established norms, sowing doubt and curiosity in my immortal mind. I wonder what story lies behind this duchess with innocent looks, and what link unites her to Cyrano, this being both formidable and broken.

— What is that smile dancing on your lips? Did you, by any chance, raze an entire city behind our backs?

— A smile? Are you lost in illusions, Noah? And why on earth would I destroy a city?

— Since you crossed paths with that woman, you haven't stopped blushing and smiling, coughing with embarrassment. I don't need superpowers to guess what you're thinking about.

— Don't you have anything better to do?

— That woman belongs to me, Caesar, I just wanted to remind you.