10- "Echoes of Dialogues at the Heart of the Shadow"

In this vast bar, where the splendor of luxurious paintings and the warmth of welcoming colors once amazed souls in search of comfort, now reigns an atmosphere of austerity, albeit tinged with a persistent human warmth

In this vast bar, where the splendor of luxurious paintings and the warmth of welcoming colors once amazed souls in search of comfort, now reigns an atmosphere of austerity, albeit tinged with a persistent human warmth. An echo of the grand past resonates in the faded walls, reminding us of a bygone era when technology reigned supreme, illuminating our lives with its futuristic promises.

But time has flown by, taking with it the jewels of innovation and the feats of modern engineering. Centuries have passed since the world plunged into the darkness of regression, abandoning the wonders of telephony and the glorious four-wheeled machines that once roamed our roads.

What could have happened for our civilization to be reduced to this purified existence, devoid of the comfortable artifices of technology? I still ask myself this question, knowing the answer, for it is merely an amusing pastime for the gods, while others may think it is due to a series of cataclysms, a global pandemic, or even a poorly managed technological revolution that precipitated our fall into this new dark age.

I stand there, pondering how I will approach my investigation into royalty now that I understand the workings of this new era. I have the power to summon princes and even the king, for I have discovered that they are all vampires, just like me. As the original creator of vampires, I hold supreme authority over the entire vampire lineage. However, I promised my uncle not to cause a scandal during my outing, so I will first contact Cyrano to introduce me to the king, as Martha assured me he has a close relationship with him. But first, I will go to the Konan duchy and stay there for a while to handle this matter discreetly and avenge Nuea.

— Your Grace, His Highness Prince Cyrano has already prepared a room full of comfort for your arrival. I cordially invite you to follow me.

Prince Cyrano Wild Heter, since his tender childhood, has always shown a passionate love for business, preferring the intrigues of commerce to those of royal governance. When he discovered his vampiric nature, he decided to follow me, claiming it was to prove his love. However, after a few decades and meeting his late wife, he admitted that what he felt for me was more admiration tinged with a different but no less sincere love.

Despite my repeated protests, he has always persisted in preparing a room for me at each of my visits. This consistency in his actions leaves me pensive, realizing that my words have been engulfed by the flow of time. However, the idea of a week of rest in this timeless place appeals to me, offering a welcome break before heading to the former Bin residence, a place designated for me in a distant past.

— Thank you, Martha. I am familiar with my room; you do not need to escort me. Take this moment to recharge and tell Cyrano that his presence is required.

She bows respectfully before leaving, leaving behind a delicate scent of flowers and cinnamon that fills the air. An amused smile stretches my lips as I realize Martha's subtle efforts to capture my attention. This familiar and comforting fragrance evokes a wave of pleasant memories and emotions in me, reinforcing the attachment I have to the manor's garden in the forest of nights.