09- "Twilight Echoes: Ancestral Secrets, Supernatural Bonds"

The ethereal atmosphere of the garden, steeped in tranquility, welcomes a chair where she always sits with charming diligence, holding a book with care in her delicate hands

The ethereal atmosphere of the garden, steeped in tranquility, welcomes a chair where she always sits with charming diligence, holding a book with care in her delicate hands. It is here, among the floral fragrances and the gentle breeze, that she finds her haven, passionately immersing herself in the pages. Kneeling beside her, I gently rest my head on the chair, closing my eyes, trying to imagine her fingers tenderly gliding through my hair as she usually does.

It's only been two weeks since her departure, and yet, why does this persistent emptiness remain within me? Love, an indecipherable enigma. I can't define it, but I sense that one day this attachment will overwhelm me. No matter, I ardently wish to be by her side, to become strong enough to protect her, thus perpetuating the tradition of my ancestors, guardians of her secrets. I dream of being the only one in her eyes.

— Nuea.

I rise at the sound of his voice, this monster cloaked in the guise of a weapons instructor, whose abuses far exceed his teachings. Despite everything, it is undeniable that, in these moments, my power increases, becoming sufficient to annihilate the most insignificant vampires. However, I feel insignificant before Martha, a formidable adversary in many ways. I swear to devote myself body and soul to surpassing her, ready to face vampires far more powerful than she is.

— We have a guest, but the mystery persists regarding his status as a friend or foe, and his reason for being here remains unclear. Would you agree to test your current strength in a real fight by following me to the edge of the forest?

— Of course, master.

— I've asked you to call me by my name, not master.

— I would never dare to address you otherwise, master.

He runs a hand through his magnificent brown hair, expressing his exasperation at my use of the title "master," before gesturing for me to follow him. I shadow his movements through the forest, stopping emotionally at the sight of the tombstone where my parents and my little brother rest. She ensured they had a dignified burial, and I feel profound gratitude towards her for that.

— Go ahead, but Nuea, don't make me wait too long. I think our guest shouldn't be kept waiting.

I express my gratitude by bowing my head before approaching the tombstone where their three names are delicately engraved, as per my wishes. My fingers tenderly trace the inscribed letters. Whatever fate holds for me, whatever the cost, I promise to restore justice in your names. Until then, watch over me as you always have. How much I miss you, father, mother, Rainy.

After bidding their tomb farewell once more, I turn and follow Ethan. His silence after my thanks is laden with meaning, but he doesn't give me time to ponder further. He signals quickly that we should delve deeper into the forest, driven by the urgency of the situation.

Every step we take is punctuated by the whisper of leaves beneath our feet, a stark contrast to the silence between us. Ethan is focused, his piercing gaze scanning the darkness of the forest, perhaps trying to locate the mysterious presence that has infiltrated our territory, a threat we must confront and eliminate.