07- "Nocturnal Echoes: The Enigma under the Silver Glow"

In this dark room, caressed by the silvery glow of the moon, my emotions intertwine between the moving shadows and mysterious gleams

In this dark room, caressed by the silvery glow of the moon, my emotions intertwine between the moving shadows and mysterious gleams. The delicate contours of the room blend into a canvas of chiaroscuro, each element bearing mystery and splendor. The walls, imbued with a dark hue, seem to whisper ancient legends while the silvery moonlight slips through the curtains, creating fleeting reflections on the glossy surfaces. Facing this enchanting scene, I stand, whip in hand, rediscovering the ritual of an age-old discipline toward this devoted servant.

— Martha, have you finally learned the extent of your audacity?

She does not answer, but the tears flowing from her eyes make me want to whip her even more. I brandish the whip, and the sound resounds; a smile forms on my lips as the hidden silver spikes on the whip pierce her skin. I am aware that this causes her great pain, but what can I do against my dark desire, and how dare she desire to share the one I use? Poor Nuea, delicate creature with a vulnerable heart.

Martha, daughter of a loving woman named Latipha, a woman my friend Silianie considered her cousin, even though they were not really related. I recall that she even gave her the name Iris, but Latipha never perceived herself as an Iris. Despite my extensive research at the time, her death remains a mystery to me.

One day, by a whim of fate, I found Martha lying dying in the snow of the North, as I discreetly traveled to a duchy that was once associated with me. Seeing her like this, I immediately recognized in her the dazzling beauty of her mother. As she slipped out of this world in my arms, I made a decision for the first time that would change my life forever. I turned her into a vampire, thus feeling the weight of my duty towards this lineage that I had to protect but had failed to defend in the end.

Since then, she has pledged allegiance to me and accompanies me everywhere. At first, her presence disrupted my solitude, which I appreciated despite the company of my uncle. But gradually, I grew attached to her, even though I will never fully understand her devotion and unconditional love towards me.

— I am sorry, it will not happen again, Your Grace, she says.

Her eyes fix on my face for a moment, and a delicate smile appears. She once confided in me her fascination for the whip, a dark pleasure she associates with love. Truly, this word and this feeling may remain enigmatic, elusive to my understanding.

— Stand up, I lose the desire to continue.

Under the soft moonlight, she follows me through the carefully arranged garden. The enchanting scents of nocturnal flowers bloom in the air, while the silver foliage glimmers under the celestial light. The delicate petals of the roses reveal mysterious shades, capturing the magic of the night. I sit as usual in the middle of this magic garden, skillfully hidden at the back of this fairy-tale space. She kneels at my feet, gently placing her head on my knees, while my hands lose themselves in the softness of her hair.

— Your Grace, I beg your forgiveness. Because of my negligence, the Iris family has been annihilated, and now, you must intervene. I am ashamed of myself, she says with a voice filled with guilt.