I: Découvrir

Aerquia

Prince Jonreo awoke to the gentle kiss of morning sunlight upon his face, the golden beams weaving through the curtains of his bedchamber in the regal Aerquia Palace. With a tousled mane of hair and the remnants of sleep still lingering, he reluctantly roused himself from slumber. Jonreo stumbled out of bed with a groggy yawn, his youthful features softened by the dawn's light.

After a refreshing shower, Jonreo emerged, clad in a princely ensemble he'd chosen for the day's affairs—a fine tunic adorned with intricate embroidery and a pair of trousers fit for courtly duties. His attire was accented with earrings and a pendant necklace, a precious heirloom that he bestowed upon his loyal companion, Basy.

"Basilico patintibus Nunc," Jonreo intoned, invoking the spirit within the pendant.

"What is it, young master?" Basy queried respectfully, appearing from the pendant in the form of a magnificent dragon.

"What have I told you about formality, Basy?" Jonreo chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

"My apologies, Jonreo," the dragon conceded with a bow.

"Please, just call me Reo. Jonreo is far too formal," the prince insisted with a warm smile.

"Aye, Reo," Basy acquiesced, his draconic demeanor softening.

Before further conversation could unfold, a knock heralded the arrival of Queen Jia, Jonreo's mother, a figure beloved throughout Aerquia.

"Good morning, my son, and to you too, Basilico," Queen Jia greeted warmly.

"Good morning, eomma," Jonreo embraced his mother affectionately.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," Basy acknowledged respectfully.

"Oh, Jonie, you're still as charming as ever," Queen Jia cooed, pinching her son's nose fondly.

"Maa, don't call me that. I'm not a child anymore," Jonreo protested playfully.

"You'll always be my Jonie," Queen Jia chuckled, her eyes sparkling with maternal affection.

"Love you, eomma," Jonreo embraced his mother tightly.

"And I love you too, my Jonie," Queen Jia reciprocated, returning the embrace.

"Enough of this affection, let's have breakfast. Your father has something important to discuss," the queen announced, breaking the embrace and bustling out of the room.

Jonreo's curiosity piqued, wondering what his parents had in store for him. "Come, Basy, let's join them downstairs," he instructed his draconic companion.

Descending to the dining hall, Jonreo found King Minkyu, his father and ruler of Aerquia, engrossed in a book, while Queen Jia prepared the morning meal.

"Good morning, eomma, appa," Jonreo greeted eagerly, taking his seat with Basy close behind.

"Morning, Jonreo. Sit," King Minkyu directed, and Jonreo complied.

"Now, what is it you wish to discuss, appa?" Jonreo inquired, his youthful enthusiasm tinged with curiosity.

"Let us break our fast first," King Minkyu replied, deferring the conversation until after the meal.

As the royal family dined, anticipation hung in the air. Once breakfast had concluded, King Minkyu broached the topic.

"Jonreo, I've decided it's time for you to assume your responsibilities as a prince," King Minkyu announced.