Perfect Surprise!

So, like I just mentioned in my CQ of the day, my brothers and I were homeschooled and sometimes our grandmother was our teacher. So one year, she promised us that if we all did good and got all A's on our report cards that she would buy us a special surprise.

We worked our bottoms off (inside joke: we weren't allowed to say butt, behind, or any other word for backside besides bottoms lol) and in the end, only one of us got a B but it was a high B and the rest of our grades were A's. She was proud. So she promised us we'd get our surprise the next time we came to her house.

Now, she wasn't our full-time teacher, plus we were on a brief break. So we had some time of waiting before we went back to her house for lessons.

I cannot tell you how excited we were for those special surprises. We thought of all the toys that they could be. One brother thought it might Chuck E. Cheese's tickets. I was counting on a cool new toy. Action figure? Building thing? Fake swords?

She got us new chairs and desks.

😐

I'm freakn serious.

She was so excited to reveal them to us too, and thought we would be all giddy over them.

We. Were. Children.

A stupid stack of green chairs and wooden desks don't make us jump up and down.

That's not a gift or special surprise for us. I mean... it's surprising, but for the wrong reason.

We can't be like, "Yay woohoo look at me doing math in my new chair at my desk!"

Screw math! <.<

And yeah... but you know what? We still have one of those chairs with us to this very day. The desks are all gone, but at least one chair remains.

Oh I forgot, we were pissed off when like a few years later my mom tried to give two of our chairs to my sisters to have in their room. We were mad because like... I also forgot to say but basically my grandmother told us for every "A" that we got it would be $5 dollars to our gifts. So that's why we were thinking we're gonna get some nice toys and we worked our bottoms off for those A's.

And then we get stupid desks and chairs?

AND THEN MY MOM GIVES THEM AWAY FOR DECORATION IN MY SISTERS' ROOM WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK FOR THEM AND EARN THEM???!

Yeah, no.... we took them back. Wrote our names on them and reclaimed them.

The chair that we still have is my oldest brother's. I guess we'll keep it to be a family heirloom. The "gift" chair. Boy will our future kids and grandkids be surprised...

-Le_Muslim_MAN