The Game Begins

The very next morning, I woke up extra early and called the killer. "Have you made you're choice yet, Mrs. Summerall?" He talked through a voice changer which altered his pitch so low it was impossible to decipher who he was. "Yes. Now please just let Sophie go and I'll play you're stupid game." The killer on the other end started laughing. "Ooooh, Mrs. Summerall! Only a mind someone who can't make a simple plank in wood shop would be soooo moronic! Of course not! You play the game first, then, if you win, I let Sophie go." Wait. How would he know how much I suck at wood shop? The only people who have seen me be my terrible self are Nina, but since she can't be the killer, it must be....

 Harland.

 "H-harland. Is this you?" The killer stopped talking for a few seconds. "Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I am what you're imagination makes me. That's what makes me truly terrifying, isn't it Annie?" I changed the subject and asked about the game again. "Finally. Time to face you're sins, Annie." Sins? I was about to ask him what the hell he was talking about. But just then, the lights cut off. I heard Mom scream downstairs (Dad was at the police station filing an abduction report). "You have 2 minutes. Good luck." The killer hung up before I could ask any questions. Just then I felt a cold breeze run down my spine. My window was opened. I went to shut it, only to realize there were footprints on the roof. I heard somebody breathing down my neck. I turned around and screamed. There was a man behind me. He had a long, ripped, robe on and a distorted mask of a jack-o-lantern. He reached out to grab me. I screamed and slid under his legs and ran out the door, closing it behind me. 

 I screamed for Mom to hide right before the pumpkin-man busted through the door. I slid down the stair railing and locked myself in the basement. I heard the pumpkin-man pounding on the door but knew he couldn't get in. I started to descend in the basement. I locked up and noticed a shattered window that led outside. Below the window near the glass was a rock with the words, "Turn Around" carved into it. I turned around and saw the pumpkin-man. The door was closed behind him and there was no way he could move that fast, anyway. "Boo" he whispered. I tried to run away, but the killer grabbed my leg. Just when I thought all was over, my Dad kicked down the basement door. He was carrying a shotgun and there were two police officers by his side. "Freeze!" yelled one of the officers. The pumpkin-man disappeared into the shadows and crawled back outside through the window. "Are you alright?" asked one of the officers. I just hugged him and kept saying the saying the same thing over and over again:

 "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

 While I was in bed, I heard Mom and Dad arguing. Something about moving. "That's the only way to protect her!" yelled Dad. Then Mom started crying about how they don't have any money and how this house has been in the family for years. "It will follow us anyway! It always did! Last time it came, we moved here! And that didn't help!" Last time? There was a last time. I needed to figure out what was going on, so when Mom and Dad where asleep, I snuck into Mom's "office" and looked through some baby footage on the old camera. It was footage of me when I was 10 years old. At first I didn't see anything and looked at the other footage. But the second time I watched it, I saw something in the corner. On the big oak tree, there were the words I FOUND YOU:). This footage was when we first moved. I didn't know what it was, but I was going to find out. The good news is, it isn't Harland.

 Sorry Harland....