Chapter 1

Three second-year students of Otonokizaka Academy - Kousaka Honoka, Minami Kotori, and Sonoda Umi - stare at a piece of paper posted on the bulletin board.

[School Closure]

Honoka: No way!

Kotori: It's really closing down?

Umi: That means our school's going to disappear, doesn't it?

Shocked by the sudden announcement, Honoka falls backward, causing Umi and Kotori to react quickly to catch her.

Umi: Honoka!

Kotori: Honoka-chan!

Honoka: M-my....

As Honoka starts to lose consciousness, she can hear her friends calling out her name desperately. Her name goes in one ear and out the other, though. All Honoka can think of is those two words. 'School Closure".

Umi: (very desperate and panicked) HONOKA!

Kotori: (shouting in a panic) HONOKA-CHAN!

Honoka looks up at the paper one last time. The one with the words "School Closure".

Honoka: (with teary eyes) MY...MY PRECIOUS HIGH SCHOOL LIFE!

~Time Skip~

The bell starts ringing, waking Honoka up.

Honoka: IT WAS A DREAM?! (thinks to herself for a moment, then smiles) That must be it!

Honoka skips through the hallways of the school cheerfully, greeting her friends as she passes.

Honoka: Morning! Hideko, Fumiko, Mika, morning! Today is the best day ever!

As Honoka bounces away, her three classmates look at each other worriedly. Did Honoka not know about the announcement? ...No, she should know.

Hideko: You think she's finally lost her mind?

Fumiko: I'm glad she's feeling better...

Mika: ...but she's obviously confused.

Meanwhile, Honoka skips around happily, the many signs on the bulletin board stuck one after another that announces the grave news.

Honoka: (talking to herself) Well, of course! Schools can't be shut down out of the blue. They'd never blindside us with an announcement like tha-

Honoka's words are cut off as she turns to look at the bulletin board to her right.

[School Closure]

Honoka slams her hands quite loudly on the bulletin board. She stares at the large sign for a long time. No matter how much she blinks or rubs her eyes, the words don't change.

It finally hits Honoka. Her school, her precious high school is closing.

Honoka: Ahhh!

~Time Skip~

Honoka grumpily slams the door to her classroom open and walks slowly to her seat. Sitting in their seats next to hers, Kotori and Umi glance at Honoka in worry.

Kotori: H-Honoka-chan, are you alright?

Honoka: Yeah.

As soon as she sits down, Honoak buries her face in her arms on the table.

Honoka: (glumly) The school's gonna disappear.

Kotori: Honoka-chan looks really upset. I had no idea she loved the school so much.

Umi: (stating very bluntly) Oh, please. She's probably just confused.

Kotori: (curiously) About what?