Ch 20: Do You Even Like Me?

Teya

Ah the water feels nice. 

Because of the sun it wasn't cold and luckily luke warm making it more comfortable. I turned around facing Jimin. He was looking the other way his back facing me.

"Why are you being so cold to me?" I huffed rubbing the dried blood of my arms with the water.

I quickly cleaned my body and got out of the lake, getting dressed in the dress Jimin tossed me.

"Waa....." I muttered looking down at the dress. Unlike the dresses, I have worn before this was totally different. Instead of poor fabric it felt soft and came in a beautiful peach color. It had short sleeves and hugged my torso before slowly widening at the bottom. Because of the soft and flowy fabric, it was easy to move in.

I feel like a princess.

"I'm done" I spoke softly but luckily loud enough for him to hear. Our eyes met briefly before he looked away again.

What is he acting so awkward for?

"The dress fits" he muttered awkwardly approaching me. In his hands, I noticed a pair of flat shoes and a........jar?

"Sit down and.... show me your feet.'' Is it that hard to just look at me when you talk?

I did as he ordered me to too, seating myself on the soft grass. He kneeled in front of me, opening the jar he had with him. Looking at the cream substance inside rang a bell.

It's probably some ointment...

That's when I looked at my feet noticing the several open cuts I had. 

Walking around on bare feet for so long made them feel numb... I didn't notice. 

I watched him his finger inside the jar but before he could apply it I pulled my feet away.

''I-I can do it.'' It doesn't feel right to be treated like this. I should be the one serving him and doing things for him, but it's the other way around.

''Just stay put.'' and with that, he took a hold of my feet swiftly dragging it back to him. I felt my heart nervously beat and my mind thinking in confusion.

He acts like he doesn't like me and at the same time....is nice to me..?

It slightly stung feeling the cold ointment being applied on my wounds, but somehow staring at Jimin his face made me forget about that feeling.

Unconsciously my head tilted to the side, watching him. His black hair moved so easily when a small gust of wind came by. 

It looks so soft and fluffy. 

Jimin has really beautiful plump lips and his eyes are dark but so mesmerizing at the same time.

"Thank you...." I spoke softly. Once again I got ignored as he placed the pair of shoes beside me, hinting me to put them on.

"We are gonna head to the palace now, but there are some rules we need to go through.'' 

The palace...Somehow I'm feeling extremely nervous.

"No one may know you're an Infernal. You will become a hand maiden in the palace just like Y/N. But don't trust anyone. Only us..... Okay?" Why does it feel like he is scared that I'm going to mess things up...

Once again that word Handmaiden...What is that?

"I understand" I replied nodding my head obediently.