Ch 55: The First Battle

Taehyung

Hearing my fathers voice faintly from the other side of the door made my heart race. Munhe and Sazai shortly left me and Yoongi alone probably to check if there weren't any other guards lurking around.

''Be quiet'' I heard the familiar voice of Munhe whisper yell from a small distance. My eyes grew big seeing Sazai and him carrying the tons of weight statue on their shoulders. Both of them took heavy and slow steps, but it didn't seem like they were having such a hard time.

What in the world...

 I was trying to keep my mouth closed, trying not to show that I was in absolute shock right now. They smiled when they made eye contact with me but stayed quiet in order not to alert my father about our whereabouts. Bundles of sweat dripped down their neck and arms as they approached us.

This isn't possible. There is no way that only 2 people could carry that on their shoulders without breaking and letting it crash them. It's.....unhuman. Unhuman.........

That's when it all became clear. 

They were never human to start with...they are Infernals. 

Yoongi nodged his head to the door ordering them to place it in front of it.

''Carefully'' Munhe mouthed to Sazai who nodded his head with an uncomfortable expression. They reached the door and slowly bent down while sliding the 9 feet statue of their shoulders. I clenched my teeth hoping that this would go smoothly, but right at that moment, the end of the statue slipped from Sazai his hands dropping it onto the ground. The tiles underneath shattered because of the heavyweight falling onto them and the sounds of guards yelling and running came from behind the door. Luckily the statue fell into place and barricaded the door.

Oh crap!

''Come on let's go!'' I shouted out knowing that we got caught already. The four of us started running through the halls ready to head out of the palace with Yoongi and me at the front.

''I told you to be careful!'' I could hear Munhe nag Sazai from the back. Till my surprise, I smiled. Even in a situation like this, those two kept nagging each other. The adrenaline pumped through my body and I started to feel so excited. 

I haven't felt like this for such a long time.....and in all honesty, it is a nice feeling. The thrill of battle and escaping, the start of an adventure. Not being locked in the palace anymore or bent down to my father's words like a slave. Instead, I am will be free and ready to explore.

I looked behind me wanting to catch a glimpse of the door. Laughter escaped my mouth seeing 5 guards struggling to lift the statue while the ones in the room tried to break down the door along with my father screaming. Shortly after I noticed guards coming from all sides behind us.

I picked up my pace running faster with Yoongi and the others following along. Looking back in front of me we turned the corner to the left as fast as we could but stopped in our tracks stumbling upon royal guards from afar. 

Even though most of them are out on patrols, the amount of Royal guards the palace holds is no joke.

As fast as I could my eyes turned to another corner which would lead easily to the courtyard.

''Munhe, Sazai go with the prince I will take care of the guards,'' Yoongi announced. The three of us came briefly to a hold. Yoongi was already showing his back to us as he rolled the sleeves of his black attire carefully up. 

I know this wasn't the time to be debating about the situation so I just nodded my head and made my way to our escape route.

''Don't die!'' I shouted at the top of my lungs while running as fast as I could.