Chapter 3~ Hiccup Pickup

Chapter 3

Hiccup P.O.V

“Toothless, dive a little bit deeper!” I instructed him

I only got a grunt as a reply, and we dived a little deeper.

“Good boy! Now let’s land, we had enough for today.” I patted his head, and we landed gracefully onto the ground.

“Hiccup, where were you?” Astrid came out of the woods, her arms crossed.

“Hey Astrid!” I skipped over and kissed her cheek.

Astrid’s eyes went wide, and blushed.

“Toothless, meet me back at the village near my room, okay?” I turned to Toothless, and he grunted.

He opened his midnight black wings, and began flapping until he was high in the air, then he zoomed off.

“You forgot what today was, didn’t you?” Astrid was tapping her foot at an even pace, obviously upset at me.

“What’s today?” I teased her, as I crept behind a tree, and grabbed a small wooden box.

I hid the box behind my back as I walked silently behind Astrid.

“Hiccup, seriously where are you? Today was our 1 year anniversary together!” Astrid cried in frustration, and stomped her feet in annoyance.

“BOO!” I scared her

She turned round and smacked me in the face.

“Oww, Astrid! I was just kidding around!” I exclaimed, rubbing my cheek to calm the stinging.

She just continued staring at me.

“Here you go, I don’t even want it anymore.” I thrusted the box to her

“Hiccup, you’re acting like a girl!” Astrid yelled at me, throwing the box down to the ground, and breaking it open.

A pearl necklace flew out of the box onto the smooth grassy ground, reflecting from the sun.

“Oh… Hiccup…” Astrid trailed off, looking at the pearl necklace on the ground.

“That might be the last gift from me,” I started stomping off in anger

“Hiccup!-” She ran towards me

“No Astrid!” I threw my hands down

“I’m sick and tired of being your punching bag! You always beat me up when you’re pissed, and I always take it. I let you take your frustrations out on me, and you never show me respect. Whenever I want to do something, you always deny it, or say no! If I say something, you always brush it off. You never treat me like a boyfriend. I see other couples around the village that don’t beat each other up, that respect each other, and that they actually love each other!” I continued yelling and ranting on,

“In this relationship, we never had any of that. I don’t want this anymore. I’ve been meaning to tell you this for such a long time. I’m glad I got it cleared up today.” I finished, catching my breath.

Astrid just stood there, looking at me in disgust.

“Fine,” She retorted, “Have it your way then, Hiccup. Just letting you know, you’ll never have me again. Or anyone for that matter.”

I rolled my eyes, and scoffed, as I turned around to walk away.

“Have fun finding a boyfriend that won’t be your punching bag!” I waved her off as I stalked off back to my room.