Chapter 4~Merida, and... Acorns?

Chapter 4

Merida’s P.O.V

I woke up slowly, yawned and rubbed my eyes.

“YEAH!” I suddenly bolted out of my bed.

Today was my freedom day without hearing,

‘Princess don’t burp.’

‘Princess don’t slouch.’

‘Princess don’t grumble.’

Princess this, princess that. I’m so glad Mother put in some free days for me.

“Mum, I’m going to go ut with Angus, ‘kay?” I yelled as I scrambled on my favorite dress. My loose, forest green dress with gold patches on the elbows.

I ran to my treasure chest in front of my bed, and took out my bow and arrows.

“Have fun Merida, just come back before dark!” My mother called out from the living room.

I ran down the stoney-staircase, and skipped to the kitchen, my curly red hair bouncing with my footsteps. I quietly walked by, stealing an apple, and a couple of tarts from a silver plate, while the workers around me were unaware of my existence in the kitchen. Then I dashed out into the fresh air to the stable, where my Scottish Clydesdale horse, Angus, was waiting for me.

“‘Ai Angus! How are ye?” I wrapped my arms around the neck, and nuzzled my face into his mane.

He only replied with a snort, and pawing of his hooves.

“‘Outta boy! Let’s get going!” I swung myself on him

“Oh I almost fergot, some tarts for ye!” I grabbed some tarts from my leather bag, and reached my hand down for Angus.

He whined in delight, and ate them happily.

“Alright, let’s go do sum shootin, shall we?” I adjusted my bow and arrows, and with one hard flick of the reins, we were off.

The wind blowing in my hair, the grass dancing, swaying back and forth. The trees waving hello to me, and the animals peeking out to see me shooting arrows at my usual targets.

‘Hah! I can do this with my eyes closed!’ I proudly told myself in my head

Angus slowed down into a trot, and soon, we were beside a stream, pink salmon jumping in the air to show off their scales shining from the sun. Angus lowered himself onto the grass and started to spazz out and roll on the green grass.

I laughed,

“Angus, you’re weird, but then agein, I’m weird te…” I shrugged

I laid down against the cool grass, closing my eyes, and listening to the sound of water hitting against the rocks, or the splash on the salmon hitting the water from the air.

*crack*

I sat abruptly, and quickly grabbed my bow and arrows.

“Who goes ther? Come ut, I got a bow and arrow, and I’m not afraid to use it.” I had my arrow ready to release.

*crack*

“Come ut, ye coward!” I yelled, not afraid of my match.

Then a rabbit hopped forward from a bush.

“Aw, ye so cute! Sorry if I scared ye, cute fellow!” I cooed over the baby rabbit

“Merida, that was actually me!” A huge fellow with a white beard came out behind a tree, wearing a loose red shirt, a thick woven flannel belt, and a low-crotch black loose pants. He had two swords strapped against his sides.