Piper ~ 5

I'd never thought that I would like Percy more than a friend. As a daughter of Aphrodite, I thought my love life would be different. Find the man of my dreams, fall in love with each other, get married, and live a happy life together. But apparently that won't happen.

My affections for Jason started to fade a little bit after the karaoke thing with Apollo. It was like the air of the balloon that was my love for him was popped by a tiny needle, slowly, but surely, letting the air out. Everyday, I have tried to keep my distance from him. But that doesn't work out. He always ends up close to me even if I chase a choice or not. And when I do want to be near him, he's with someone else. Except for that one time with the flower crowns, that was only time in like, a month that I've been able to be with him alone.

Anyways, even though my relationship with Jason is a bit strained, I've noticed my feelings for Percy. The way he looks at me and smiles, the way he calls out my name from afar never matched the way Jason did. Jason called to me like a friend would. Percy does it as if we've known each other for centuries. I can't explain it. Maybe it's those eyes. The eyes that look centuries old with their ice blue flecks in them, contrasting greatly with is green ones. Maybe it's the smile he sends my way, the one that looks like he's loved me till his last breath. I don't know.

"Piper! You're going to be late for dinner!" My half sibling yelled to me from the fore way to cabin.

I get up and jog out the door and to the pavilion where the plates were just starting to be passed out. Everyone was seated with their siblings in the respective tables. My siblings sat in between the Ares and Hephaestus tables, waving them goodbye I sat with my friends at the Poseidon table. We don't sit there, and technically it's against camp rules, but we do it anyway.

I squeeze my way in between Percy and Jason who decided to sit closer together today. "So what're we talking about?"

"How Tom Holland was better than Andrew Garfield at being spider-man," Leo said between bites.

"Obviously," Percy agreed. "I mean, yeah he was good, but Tom has this thing that makes him better."

"And what would that be?" Jason questioned turning the attention to the son of Poseidon. Thinking for a moment, he put his hand on his chin with a serious face before answering, "His face."

"Really? His face?" Hazel asked.

"Yes, it's perfect. That and also he's a literal ray of sunshine. He did his own stunts for the movie too, I think" Percy thought aloud.

We all chuckled at his thought process, and continue eating. Every now and then we'd talk about something random like how the Stoll's next prank is going to work, or what quest would happen and how soon. Everyone tried to stay away from that topic. Nothing good ever came from doing that, jinxing someone like Percy to be the main focus of the quest. And we could all tell that even the mention of the word put him in a bad mood. He'd become quiet and distant. And he wouldn't talk for the rest of the night.

      When the horn blew signaling that it was time for bed, we put our plates in the big tub and made our way to the cabins area. Normally there would be a campfire after, but today Chiron had a feeling that staying up longer than we should would be good. So, we're going to bed early. As the cabins came closer in our fried of view, we said good night to everyone and went our separate ways. Needless to say that it was a good dinner. But when I fell asleep it wasn't so good.

A bright light shone above the dark and light green of the rustling leaves above me. The air was pure and had no taste of gas or pollution. The tree beside me had a line of something glowing, or reflecting the light on the tree as it swirled around it. Little lines sprouted from that main one and made their way in to the grass around it and under me. Looking around me, I saw a person.