Luke ~ 8

Somewhere else

"You sure I have to do this?" I looked to the eldest of the king's children, Ilex. She stood next to me packing my nag that I will be taking with me. "Why couldn't, I dunno, Charles do it? Or Bianca? They knew him better than I did."

"Because only they know Dymitro as Percy, you know him as Dymitro," Ilex answered examining the book I put in the bag. "Who he really is."

"Okay, but I still don't understand what I have to do."

Zipping up the bag and handing it to me, she straightened herself and fixed her dress. "It's simple really. You have to go to earth, find the camp─which should be easy for you─and help Dymitro remember before Estora. The festival is in five days, you have till then to find Luseke, Amtrenai, and Alkinai too."

"Easier said than done." I put the bag over my shoulder, letting it fall across my back.

Ilex, as the eldest daughter, became the royal advisor to the king. Since she couldn't become the heir to the throne she instead chose to help her father and brother rule the world. I remember her helping Ixia and Dymitro with their studies, she was always kind. Helping others without a second thought. Never blaming others for things that they couldn't control which led to disaster from time to time. She would've made a wonderful queen,but she failed the last trial to become eligible for the crown. Her actions in the simulator caused the fake kingdom to turn to ruins under her rule, and it's because of that she couldn't become queen.

Ixia simply didn't want to be queen, she instead chose to live on earth and help the primordial protect the mortals from the monsters. Sadly, she died in the first war against void. Died protecting the last few families. I miss her.

"Entlukei*, return safe." Ilex held my hand. Her finger grazed my calloused knuckle from the armour and battles I've fought. Letting go of my hand she hugged me and squeezed me tight. I wrapped my arms around her and brought her closer to me, letting her midnight black hair draped across my arms and cover the majority of my face. "Bring them back."

"I will," I let her go and kissed her forehead and left my room, making my way to the throne room. Passing many hallways that led to various places. Some to grand ballrooms that could hold everyone on earth, a couple lead to armouries and barracks for the army. Others had rooms and kitchens for everyone.

I walked down one hall, pictures of the earth from before the war decorated the walls and brought back several memories. Good and bad ones alike. And every-so-often a picture of other civilizations would appear. The gods of other mythologies allying with us against void and the creatures he attacked us with."Luke! You almost forgot this!"

Turning around there was girl, no older than twelve, running to me. Her black hair braided behind her and olive skin dusted with freckles reflected the sun's rays. In her hands and a velvet pouch, tied by a yellow rope. "Give this to Nico, please? You promised you'd give it to him."

"Oh that's right." I took the pouch and put it in my bag. "Thanks for reminding me Bianca, I gotta go, I'm already late."

"You're supposed to set an example as the general," She jokes. "Don't think this this is how a general is supposed to act is it?"

"No, but tell the chef to save me some of the goftlec**!" I say jogging backwards, leaving her presence. She laughs, "No promises!" I quickly run to the throne room where the king was waiting for me. If I don't hurry, I won't be able to use the telescope for a month. Don't judge, I may be a general, but the king has the final say.

As I get closer to the throne room, I slow my pace. Reaching a walk before opening the doors. The king sits on his throne, scepter in hand and shiny silver crown atop his head. Pitch black hair rested under the crown and covered the royal jewel on his forehead. His eyes, analytical and mysterious, looking directly at me. "Sorry I'm late."