Life goes on

"NO!" Meliodas yelled. His demon mark flicked on and a look of pure rage appeared on his face.

"Now, Meliodas, no need to be angry..." Howser said, taking slow steps back.

"Go. To. Hell." Meliodas spat and summoned his large sword.

"Oh no." Gilthunder muttered. "Griamore..."

Griamore nodded and put up a shield between them and the raging demon. But their attempts were futile.

Meliodas sent a wave of darkness towards the shield and broke it in one hit. He swung his sword at them, and in one swing, blood poured and three dead bodies dropped to the floor.

Meliodas looked at the bodies before jumping down the cliff and landing near Liz.

"No!" He cried, tears streaming down his face. Liz lay on the ground, blood pouring from a wound on the back of her head.

He rushed to her, holding her body close. He stayed that way, even after the medics arrived.

Meliodas had to be forcefully separated from Liz's body. He attacked an officer and had to be restrained until his brothers arrived.

"Meliodas!" Zeldris yelled, motioning sadly to come over.

"Zeldris!" Meliodas cried, flinging himself into his arms, not even flinching. He clung to Zeldris's shirt and cried.

He wouldn't stop crying all the way home. Zeldris kept himself strong, and Estarossa did too. By the time he had finally passed out of sheer exhaustion, was when Zeldris started to cry. Estarossa comforted him sadly.

"Why?" Zeldris asked quietly.

"What?" Estarossa looked up.

"Why does life seem to hate us?" Zeldris yelled. "Why can't we just have a normal life, a normal family? Why do we have to be the ones to suffer? Why does Meliodas have to suffer?" Tears dripped down Zeldris's face.

"I don't know." Estarossa admitted.

Liz's funeral was a depressing affair. They all stood roundp her marble grave, while everyone said things about Liz. Liz's family, the Goddess Clan, Arthur and his family, most of the school and Zeldris, Meliodas and Estarossa, among others were all there.

Arthur was speaking "In the two years I have been at Liones Academy, Liz has been my best friend. She was the kindest, nicest person I knew. I almost can't believe that she's, that she's-" And he had to stop talking and run to his family because he had started crying.

Meliodas was unable to speak in front of everyone. He had to simply look at someone who knew Liz and he would burst into tears.

All the Goddesses looked at the the family of demons like they were a disease. But Meliodas, Zeldris and Estarossa bravely ignored the urge to attack them.

After the funeral, all Meliodas got was bullying and hate from everyone at school, except for Arthur. It got so bad that Meliodas had to be homeschooled, by Chandler, who was happy to help.

Arthur and Meliodas remained friends and at 18 they decided they would go to the same university.

Meliodas was walking down the street, looking for Arthur. He was supposed to meet him in the town square but he couldn't find him.

He was so busy looking around that he didn't see the girl in front of him. They walked into each other and he fell over.

"Owww..." Meliodas said, rubbing his head.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" A feminine voice spoke. "Here, take my hand."

He opened his eyes to stare into sapphire blue ones. Liz. No, it can't be her.

"Thanks." He smiled. She helped him up. The girl was taller than him and had long, straight silver hair. Where have I seen her before...

"Sorry about that." Meliodas said. "I'm Meliodas, what's your name? I think I know you from somewhere."

"Oh? Don't you remember me?" The girl tilted her head to the side slightly and smiled.

"My name's Elizabeth."

The end.