Chapter Thirty Five

*IMPORTANT- MATURE SCENES HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN TEMPORARILY ( *** INDICATES MATURE SCENE PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED FOR EDITING)

EDITOR WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED SINCE FIRST DRAFT (2018). MAJOR PLOTHOLES OR INCONSISTENCIES. ONCE EDITING IS COMPLETE MATURE SCENES WILL BE ADDED BACK IN.

Adrienne

I couldn't sleep a wink. The haunting desire twisted and turned until it became unbearable.

Sliding from the sheets, I padded my way to the door, turning the knob slowly. Opening the door, I startled some guards who happened to be patrolling the corridor.
"Is something the matter mademoiselle?" They asked.

"Oh... May you please take me to the king?" I asked softly. They nodded, "Right this way mademoiselle". They led me through the halls, the marble feeling cool against my bare feet. Abruptly, they stopped in front of a large door.

"We are not permitted to breach any further. The king is probably in his upper chambers" the taller one replied as I thanked them. The shorter one handed me a candle before they both took off down the hallway.

Opening the door, I noticed the silence in Erebus's lower chambers. I don't think he was here. Scanning the walls with the candle glow I found another door.

Pulling it open, I found another large staircase. God, who designed such a castle. There was so many hallways and stairs and doors!

Huffing as I reached the top of the staircase, I pried open the door as a wave of heat rumbled through my body. The room was lit, albeit still dark on one side as Erebus sat in front of the hearth, a book in his lap.

"Erebus?" I called into the room as his focus snapped toward me.
"Adrienne? What are you doing here?" Erebus asked, a twinge of worry in his voice. He instantly stood, striding over to me and scanning my frame anxiously.

***
Mature scene has been removed for editing.
It will be reposted.

***

Exhausted, I leaned back against the sheets, heaving for air. I could hear Erebus's heavy pants beside me as he pulled me closer to him; snuggling my frame into his. After a few minutes, Erebus's eyes met mine and he smiled. The most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

He looked at me lovingly.
"If I could give you everything in this world, you know I would right?" He asked sweetly, kissing my forehead. "Erebus, I already everything I could ever want. Being happy and loved is all I've ever wanted" I answered, taking his face in my hands.

"I love you Erebus, I've loved you for a long time and have been terrified to admit it" I whispered to him. His eyes grew large and watered. A tear slid down his cheek. He began to softly sob and I cuddled further into his warmth.

"Y-you love me? You love this monster Adrienne?" He gasped, as I kissed his tears away. "I do" I said softly.

"What did I do to deserve you, amore?" He purred, nestling me closer into him as I felt the muscular curves of his body against mine. "Erebus, I think the real question is how do I deserve you" I answered softly, laying my head on his broad chest.

"You are ma lumiére, the light to my darkness and sun to my moon. You deserve the world, and the world you shall have my queen" Erebus answered as I affectionately kissed his cheek.

"Now sleep my light, I will be here for you. For now and always".
"Always" I murmured before closing my eyes.

1 MONTH LATER
Abigor's POV

"I THINK I FOUND IT"!
The men all ran towards the voice, myself included. The Frenchmen all turned to stare at me while I pulled out the small vile that Mayor Darius has given me. Inside, was a few drops of vampire's blood; enough to help us find the rare stone.

The journey had been gruelling, and our resources dwindling after we had spend the past month looking for the stone. As I approached the rock, it began to glow an eerie blue. This was it. We had found it at last!

The other men and I spend the next few hours mining the ore out of the side of the mountain. It was crucial that we got this Gafire. I needed Adrienne's dowery (which was plentiful) in order to keep up my sterling reputation. She didn't love me now, but I'd doubt she'd feel that way after birthing me a couple of sons.

After all, even the most insistent decliners always came around, in there own way. The men and I quickly packed the ore into the carriage, eager to return home to Asteaia. It was a small town, but was packed where it mattered. There was plenty of harlots and beer to go around, which was good enough for me.

We headed home, as I stared at the silver ore. That damned beast was going to pay for taking my fiancé and Adrienne would pay for dearly for being that Monster's whore.
I will kill that angel bastard, I'll kill him if it's the last thing I do.