chapter vingt

"Pippa our flight leaves at 6, please." Hudson yells outside of my room. I've been in here crying all day and I still haven't decided.

I open the door, with red eyes

"I'm staying here."

"But-"

"I'm sorry. I'm staying."

Hudson just nods his head and walks away.

I sigh and scroll around on my phone, I decided to log into instagram and see what everyone was up to. I'm very careful to not like anyone posts or anything. First I check Rennes page, she didn't post much, mostly posts of her and the kids. Next I went to Jasmines she posted a ton, from pregnancy announcement to pictures of her and Anthony. I see one post that catches my eye, it's a picture of me and her.

"Your so strong, love you."

I smile and scroll off her page.

Next I look at Daveed, Oak, and Leslie.

They weren't as active, Daveed left Hamilton for a movie, Oak and Leslie were still there though.

Last page I look at is Lin's, his last post before he died was of me and him. Tears start to roll down my cheeks.
-
Hudson and Groff left 3 days ago and I've just been sleeping. I'm actually gonna get out of the apartment today, maybe go for a walk and get some lunch.

I throw on leggings, a white t shirt with a flannel over it, and slides.

I walk around the city looking for a place to eat. Within 30 minutes I find a burger place and just eat there.

"Oh what a pretty lady, hi what can I get you?" I look up to see a middle age man, definitely older than me smiling at me.

"Uh I'll just take a cheeseburger and a lemonade." I smile moving my chair further away from him uncomfortably

"Alright baby, My names Marcus by the way." He smiles winking

"Fucking weirdo..." I whisper as he walks away, thank god he didn't hear me.

Within 10 minutes he returns with a big grin on his face and I roll my eyes.

"Aw? What's wrong babe? Whatever the problem is I bet I can't help u..."

"Ok listen man, I literally have no clue who you are but just stop being weird..."

"Mhmmmm.." He hums putting down my food

He walks away finally and I try to enjoy my food, I take a sip of my lemonade and it does taste a little weird but I ignore it.

"Can I get you another one?"

I look up to see a different waiter and I sigh in relief.

"Yes please."

I start to feel really dizzy and nauseous so I head towards the bathroom, I walk in and the room starts to spin.

"Oh shit..."

The room is just spinning and spinning.

And then

Everything goes black
-
"Hudson call Pippa, let her know what time we'll be coming back."

He nods and calls her phone

About a minute of silence passes and she doesn't answer.

"She must be sleeping." I shrug

"Probably she'll call back later."

"Let's go out, come on before I have a show tonight just me and you. Let's go on a date?" I suggest and Hudson face lights up

"Yes! We haven't been on a date in so long oh my gosh."

I chuckle and kiss him

"I love you."

"Mmm I love you more."
-
"Jon let's goooooo !!" I whine

"Bitch, hold on!!" He sarcastically replies

"We're gonna be late, we have reservations for 2!!"

"Ok, ok I'm coming gosh!!"

"I love you!" I gush pulling on his cheeks

"I thought you said we were gonna be late!!" He pulls away

"Yeah we are!!"

"Ugh! I love you too!" He giggles and we leave.

At dinner we talk about the rest of the week until I finally bring this up to Jon.

"When are you going to introduce me to the cast?"

"I don't know babe..."

"I feel like they'll know, I mean you and Pip look so much alike."

"Oh come on it can't be that obvious." I whine

"It kinda is...."

"Ugh!! I can say a different name and everything, Pippa didn't talk about me a lot did she?"

"She talked about her family in general.."

"See! We'll be fine!" I smile

"Fine. Tonight you can come to the show. It's been killing me that I can't tell them I know Pips is ok so you'll be a nice distraction." He smiles back

I start to think, what if they do realize I look like Pippa? What if they question it? What do I tell them?

6pm rolls around rather quick and its finally time for Jon to introduce me.

"You ready?" He whispers in my ear and I nod

"I'm BACCCCCCK!!" He yells walking through the doors as I follow behind him

Everyone looks up, and some pregnant lady screams running up to Jonathon and hugs him.

"Guys this is my boyfriend." Jon introduces me and I wave

"Hi!"

"Huds-" Jon starts but quickly stops

"Jack!! This is Jas, Anthony, Renee, Oak, Andrew Leslie... the rest of the cast is inside."

"Nice to meet you all.." I smile

I make eye contact with one of the girls who I'm assuming is Jas, and she's looking me up and down. Shit. I really hope she doesn't realize.

Everyone waves and says hi, except for Jasmine. She's just looking at me and I'm looking at her, I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"Yo man! Take a seat, tell us about yourself!" Anthony yells to me across the room and I chuckle

"I'm.. Uh Jack.. and I'm from Chicago." I smile

"Chicago huh? Weird..." Jas interrupts and I just nod my head and give her a weak smile

I look over to Groff and give him a concerning look and he exchanges one to me. I notice Anthony giving Jasmine weird looks as well, they must be together.

"Uh excuse us." The other women, Renee says grabbing Jasmines hand and pulling her out of the room, Anthony got up and followed.

I hear shouting from the hallway, and I know it's because of me.

"Ignore them, it's been a little rough around here. The lead of the play, passed away. We were all very close." Leslie informs me, of course I already knew this but I pretend to be shocked.

"Oh that's horrible I'm sorry.."

"Yeah, anyways Groff? How did you two meet?" Andrew asks

"Well we first met, when I first went to Chicago. He was in a rush to get to work and well he literally spilled his coffee ALL over me..." Groff started
-