CHAPTER 3

Next day mehta mansion

As usual avni was getting ready for college then dadi entered there along with neela ma saw avni getting ready for college.they came there to tell avni to not to go college today but hwre she was already getting ready to go college. So they didnt say anything and went from there smiling at avni. At the dining table neela ma told avni to come early today as the khannas were coming to see her. Avni get nervous but successfully hide it.the day at college was not that good for avni as she was hell scared thinking about evening.riya constantly tried to calm her but alas even riya was helpless in that situation.after class avni and riya were waiting for bus. But the regular bus didn't come and they have to wait for another 20 minutes for the next bus to come. It was already 4:30 when avni reached home. She got confused seeing a new car inside her compound.suddenly it cought her. It was the khannas. Avni held her bag in one hand and laptop and 2 -3text books in other hand enteted the house to see her mother and dadi shooting daggers at her. She did not have the courage to look around and see the guests sitting there waiting for her to arrive. Avni literally ran towards her room followed by neela.

I took half day leave from office bcz of mom and bebe to go to mehtas. I really dont like getting readu extremely.so i choose to wear my blue t ,a ripped jeans and a vest cot. I got ready in only 10 mnts and was waiting for my family to get ready. I don't understand what is so much to get ready. Its just a casual /official? Meating not any party n all. After some time they also came. We left to mehta mansion by 3 pm bcz we thought there will be traffic in that time. But to our surprise the road was clear and we reached there at 4pm itself. It was a medium profile residential area with extreme peace and calmness. We entered through the gate having name board mehta nivas. The house is really beautiful.away from pollution,noice n all surrounded by trees and fields.the atmosphere there was serene. I was really impressed with their house itself. We all went inside welcomed by the entire mehta family.

We sat down and we noticed that everyone there was a bit tensed.
Kya hua ashish ji?koi pareshani hai kya? Dad asked ashish uncle.
Ashish: voh we are really sorry she is not yet back from college.thats why..
Koi baat nahi puthar voh aa jayegi abhi. Tab tak hum baat karte hai. Hai na dayavanti ji??
daya:ji zaroor.
Neela zara usko phone karde puch kaham tak pahunch gayi hai voh.i heared dayavanti aunty talking to neela aunty. Suddenly i heared door opening and turned to see a girl running inside trying to catch her breathe.she was clad in her unoform cream shirt and black pant and coat. Hair tied up in a hight ponytail. Some heavy books and laptop in one hand. Before i could see her face she ran upwards may be to her room followed by neela aunty. We countinued talking rather elders were talking and i was listening to them. Suddenly every ones talk got stopped by the sound of neela.

I turned to see the girl we all were waiting for standing at the entrance b/w hall and dining area with tray of tea cups on it. She was wearing a simple blue salwar without any heavy work.her hair was left open and it ended below her waist.i thoroughly observed her. From the appearance itself we can conclude that she is a well mannered girl. I think she is really shy bcz she never looked up at me even not when she served me tea. She went and stood behind neela aunty her eyes still fixed on ground.
I looked at my family.from their expression itself i concluded that they liked the girl. Wait.... I dont know her name??shit yaar i forgot to ask. But its ok.

Bebe:agar aap logon ko problem nahi hai toh bachon ko baat karne dete hai.
Dadi :hume koi problem nahi hai. Beta inhe upar tumhare kamare mein lekar jaao

Neela blinked her eyes at avni and swetha nodded him to go. Neil was behind avni. Then she opened the door of her bedroom.

It was quite large room with 2 shelfs full of books. A study table near the glass door of the balcony a large bed at the center and a tv at opposite side.to my surprise there werent any pink colored thinks, teddy, barbie dolls there.the room was neat and clean. The onlt think i could see there was a lots of books. Many academic related and many others. When we entered i slightly closed the door behind. She was facing away from me.

An awkward silence prevailed between them. Neil decided to break the ice.

Neil:hello,i m neil, neil khanna.

Avni turned around and smiled shyly.

Avni:hii im avni mehta.

Neil:tum student ho? What are u studying ?actually i forgot to ask mom dad.

Avni:btech cs final year. Aap kya karte ho?

Neil:im an ips officer. Just completed my training soon to be acp. Vaise avni tumhari age kya hai.

Avni :i will be 22 coming October.

Neil:tum itni jaldi shaadi kyun kar rahi ho?i mean shaadi ke liye abhi tumhare paas kayi samay hai. Phir jaldi...??

Avni:voh ma papa aur dadi ne bola ki ek achha rishta aayi hai. Isliye mein unhe nirash nahi karna chahati. Voh aaj tak mere liye jo bhi decisions liye hai mere ache ke liye hai. Toh yeh bhi achhe ke liye hi hoga. Par aap itni jaldi kyun shaadi kar raha hai. Apka bhi to abhi shaadi ki umar nahi lagta.

Neil:mera bhi same reasons hai.
Ek baat poochu avni??

Avni :ji zaroor

Neil:have u ever been in a relationship?

Avni:(blushed a little) no. And u?

Neil:no.toh avni kya tumhara decision  kya hai? Yes or no.
Look u can tell me honestly.no one will pressurize you. So plzz feel free to tell. Mere taraf se yes hai. I think we should give it a try

Avni:yes...(blushing heavily)

Neil:toh neeche chale?.

Avni:sure,after you.

Avni and neil went downstairs and told their decision.every one were happy for them.

Bebe:toh aaj hi roka karde??

Dadi:ji zaroor.

They made avni and neil sat together and done the roka ceremony.they made each other eat sweets.both avni and neil were blushing heavily.

Ashish :mujhe ek request karana hai. Shaadi agar avni ki padaayi complete hone ki baat hogi toh acha hota. Agar aapko koi problem nahi toh.  ..

Parakash:ji hume koi problem nahi hai. Infact neil agle hafte banglore jaa raha hai pehla posting ke liye.aur 6-8 mahine baad hi vapas aayega. Isliye hame koi problem nahi hai.
Bhadaayi ho ashish ji ab hum rishtedaar ban chuke hai. Every one hug each other. Avneil was blushing and stealing glances. Finally it was time for khannas to leave .neil bid bye to avni and they left from there. Both families were happy for their children.avni called riya and told everything.riya was really happy for her and demanded for a treat and explanation of today's events. And this called a day.

Precap :leap may be

This is a wrap for chapter 3.hope you all liked it. Criticisms are welcomed.
With love,
Athi.