CHAPTER 6

Day before roka

Mehta's are hell busy in roka ceremony preparations.all family memners were indulged in one or another duty of theirs. But one soul was sitting in her room preparing for her campus placement. Other family members thought that she is having her beauty sleep except riya who is very well aware of avni's plan in fact she herself was the planner. She was silently going in to avnis room suddenly dadi called her.

Dadi:riya where are you going? Let avni sleep, she has to look beautiful tomorrow and one more thing she will not go to college tomorrow.

Riya:ok dadi. But dadi we have an assignment paper to submit tomorrow so can i go and collect her paper so that i can submit it tomorrow on her behalf.

Dadi:is that much important??

Riya:yes dadi. And tomorrow is tge last date. I will not wake up avni.

Dadi:ok then go and dont wake her up.

Riya went to avnis room and closed the door behind. She saw avni arranging her papers and important documents.

Riya:so... all set?

Avni:yes almost.but how did u come inside?

Riya:chill dear i came to collect ur seminar papers

Riya winked at avni and took the file from avni. Avni smiled understanding riya.

Avni:u always saves me. Dont know what will i do without you.

Riya:oh don't be senti now. I will be at a call away.u can call me anytime you know that.

Avni:i know but they dont know it(sadly).

Riya:avni...we can talk about it later. Now listen to me very carefully.i will take this documents with me now. Tomorrow at sharp 8:30 i will come to pick up you for spa.

Avni:spa???but i have to go college.

Riya:oh my tubelight sister. I will come to pick up u for spa. But we will go to college. Everything in college will be done with in an hour so we can go to spa by almost 11.

Avni:what if someone came to know about this??

Riya:no one will know until u tell them out of ur stupidity.plzz yaar be carefull for me at least. If dadi came to know she will screw me.

Avni:ok i will be carefull. Now you go before anyone come.

Riya:ok going. Everything is placed in the file right??

Avni:yes.bye..

Riya:bye,and sleep now..

With this riya left from there. Every body went to sleep after some time.

Next moring(day of roka)

Avni woke up as usual and prepared for the day. She was trying to act normal.she was dressed up according to her interview and all. Riya came after some time and called avni for spa. When avni came down dadi, neela and ashish looked at her confusingly.

Neela:avni are you going to spa in these clothes??

Avni:yeah...whats the problem??

Neela:in this jeans-shirt and coat?? Look like you are going for an interview

Dadi:tell us the truth. Where are you both going??

Riya:we are going to spa only. Aftr spa we will go for a small shopping if there is time.

Dadi:ok ok(but is still not convinced)

Avni:ma we are leaving then.will come back soon.

With that they both fled from there leaving a suspicious family behind.

In the car

Riya:thank god we escaped otherwise our cid family woukd have cought us.

Avni:yeah...now lets move or we will be late.

They both reached the college on time and avni finished her interview and other procedures.ahe was very happy bcz everything went really well and she felt really contented. Riya was waiting for her outside and when riya saw avni coming ahw ran to her and literally dragged her towards the car.

Avni:what happened riya??

Riya:dadi said that she is coming to pick us from spa for shopping with neela chachi.

Avni:what??then what are you waiting for. Flew the car..

Riya:(in an are u serious look) bebes this is a car not a jet. Chill yaar i had done all the setting with the spa owner.

Avni:what?

Riya:yes.. Actually she is my friend's aunt. She will tell dadi that we reached at 10 am only

Avni:riya...u r such an angel. I love u..

Riya:anything for you.

They reached spa in next 10 minutes and soon dadi and neela also reached there.they did some beauty things there(sorry i dont know much about beauty treatments and all ).and went for a small shopping and bought a beautiful dark blue sari for avni and some matching ornaments too.They went to their house after that. As soon as tgey reached there neela dragged avni to her roon and asked her to get ready and pushed avni to washroom.

Avni:maa i dont know how to wear sari. Plzz help..

Neela:im busy. Wait i will send riya.

Riya came and helped avni wearing sari.avni was looking stunning in that blue sari as it matched with her white complexion.riya made her sit in front of the mirror and did her makeup a little bit. Riya just put some blush and lip glosses on avni's face nothing else. Avni was looking beautiful in every sense. Soon neela entered the room to stop on her tracks.

Neela:wow..my princess is looking beautiful. I m sure neil is going to skip some of his heartbeats today.

Avni:maa...

Suddenly dadi called from downstairs saying that the khannas are about to arrive. Neela rushed downstairs to welcome  them. With in 5 minutes the khannas reached there.neela did their aarti and welcomed them.neil was wearing a deep blue shervani and it suited him really well. He looks handsome in the outfit. Soon the khannas were seated and the pandit too arrived.

Pandit:ashish beta call your daughter.

Ashish :riya beta plz bring avni

Riya:sure chachu.

Riya went to bring avni. In the room avni was pacing here and there in nervousness.

Riya:avni come lets go..

Avni:(holding riyas hands) i dont want to get married.

Riya:what?are you out of ur mind??

Avni:riya i m scared i dont know what to do.

Riya:avni...relax dear. Everything is gonna fyn ok. just breathe in and breathe out.

Avni does as per riyas instructions.she felt a bit relaxed.

Riya:now can we go.

Avni nodded and they both headed down stairs.as they were descending avni's eyes fell on neil who was sitting with his parents looking at her. He smiled looking at her and at that moment avni skipped a heart beat. neela brought her near neil and made her sit beside him on his left. Avni was looking downwards. And Neil is stealing glances at her. He could see her cheeks a bit red and shyness in her eyes. She was wearing a small yet beautiful smile.

Precap:roka functions and avneil talks.

(dayavanti mehta is positive here. But in my story she is a bit conservative type.avni respects and love her so as the others. But avni fears her dadi out of respect.)