CHAPTER 9

Engagement day

Unusually the ray of lights from the morning sun failed to woke avni up as well as her alarm. She was in deep slumber. It was already 8 in the morning but avni was nowhere to be seen and this worried the hell out of riya. She hurried towards neela.

Riya:chachi where is avni?

Neela:ur dadi told she is sleeping.strange right?? I asked her but she told me avni is tired so let her sleep till 8:30

Riya:(in mind) how can this be possible.avni never slept this much. She is always awake by 5 even if she is ill. But what happened to her?? I think i should go and check her.

Riya went towards avnis room and see avni sleeping.she sat beside her and caressed her hair.

Riya:avni...avni... Get up.. Its already 8.today is ur engagement day. Avni.....

Avni slowly opened her eyes to withness her bffe come sister sitting beside her. Avni stirred a bit and placed her head on riya's lap and hugged her by waist.

Riya:what is this avni... Are u going to sleep again. Now get up its already past 8.

Avni get up and sat down.

Riya:what happened avni... U were never this much late.

Avni:even i dont know riya. But y didn't anyone woke me up.

Riya:bcz dadi told them not to. Now go and freshen up. Khannas will reach by 11 am

Avni:riya.....but i dont know anything about getting ready. Plzz help me with all that.

Riya:yeah dear.now go and freshen up. Before getting ready plzz eat something ok. I will get our breakfast here.

Avni:u didn't have anything?(with fake anger)

Riya:no.i will have with you only. Now go... I m hungry

Avni :ok

With that avni went to wash room to freshen up and riya went to kitchen to get some food for them. After some time avni got out to see riya sitting on the bed with a boul full of poha,2 plates and some tea.

Riya:come fast avni...

Avni came and sat at opposite side. Riya served both poha and tea. They eat,made each other eat.the bond avni and riya shared was beyond words.they stood by each other through thick and thin.they were each others secret keeper. Both could learn from each other's eyes. They teased each other. They fought for each other. They were like that.
After some time they both finished food and both went downstairs.everything was set there. The stage, decorations,dining area, etc, etc. Neela saw avni and riya and went to them.

Neela:avni,riya..did both had your food?

Avni, riya:yeah.

Neela:then go and get ready ok. Riya will help u in getting ready. Plz make it fast ok.

Avni turned to see her dad and aman standing there and discussing some thing.avni was about to go to them,dadi came.

Dadi:riya take avni and both get ready. Go now.

Riya:ok dadi.. Avni.... Come lets go.

Dadi:avnis lehenga is in my room and jwellary too. U both go i will come with that.

Avni and riya went to avnis room.after some time dadi came and gave avni her lehenga and a salwar suit to riya.

Riya:avni...did you see your dress?

Avni:no yaar. Dadi and maa picked the dress.even i didn't see the engagement ring yet.

Riya:ooh you silly girl. I told you to take leave. But you didnt hear. Its your engagement avni.. U shoukd have gone with them to buy rings and dress.

Avni:no riya. I will like what ever they buy. So its not a problem.now lets open this and see what they bought for me. It was a beautiful rose gold lehenga.

Riya:wow..its nice yaar. Now go and wear this. I will help after that. Avni went to change.she came out and riya did her make up and hair. After that riya went to change and she too did her make up and hair. It was already past 10:30 by then. The khannas arrived there with some of their relatives and friends. Neil came with sunehri and dd in another car. Mehta's were at tge entrance to welcome them. Neela did neils arti and welcomed them in.aman brought neil to the small stage and made him sit on a beautifully decorated sofa. Neil was calm and happy. He seemed to be relaxed. But his eyes wandered here and there.sunehri noticed this and whispered in neil's ears

Sunehri:wait bf she will come. She wont run away.

Neil:no gf. U r mistaken. I was checking the decorations and all. I was not looking for avni.

Sunehri mentally laughed at her friend's condition.

Everything was going well. Both the families were happy. Bebe and dadi were talking swetha and neela were with pandit. Ashish and prakash were helping their wifes. Aman was instructing the servents.

Pandit:its time for ring exchange.bring avni..

Neela:ok.i will get avni.

Neela went upstairs. Within a minute everyone turned towards the stairs to see the most beautiful girl. Her anklets made sound which was really soothing .neil slowly turned towards the stairs.his eyes wide and jaw dropped. Neil was blown by avnis beauty.

Dd casually turned towards his friend to see him in this condition.neil forgot  to blink his eyes.dd patted neils shoulder to bring back him to world from the spill avni created. Reality hit neil and he stood up. By the time avni reached beside the stage. Neil extended his.thats when avni looked at neil. He was looking extremely handsome.the smile on his lips added more.avni hesitanly took his han and climbed on the stage. Avni stood on the left sideof neil.

Pandit:now both can exchange the rings. First bride make groom wear the ring. After that groom.

Riya held a thali full of rose petals at the centre placed 2 small velvet boxed inside them were the engagement rings

Neil first extended his hands and avni took his hand and placed the ring in his ring finger. Next avni extended her hand and neil placed the ring on her ring finger. Everyone clapped for the new couple and cheered them. Soon the family came to the stage and avneil bend down to take blessings. Elders blessed them and youngsters hugged them. Soon they sat down on the sofa. The sofa was a bit small and avneil were sitting very close to each other. Their shoulders and hands rubbed against each other occasionally.through this whole time avni never looked at neil for once. She was back to her shy mode.but on other side neil was continuosly sparing glances at avni. This didnt go unnoticed by sunehri,dd and riya. Neil was eager to talk to avni. But he was having a starting trouble.avni was obvious to all this happening beside her.dd and sunehri decided to help neil with the help of riya. Before they could plan anything neela called them for lunch. Neil stood up and again extended his hands towards avni and avni took his hands.they both headed towards the dining section hand in hand. Behind them stood the newly emerged trio planning something and smiling.

Precap:avneil moments

Hey....here goes another chapter. I hope u all like it. Do let me know ur opinions.

With love,
Athi