Chapter 2 - New Mission

Jace promised me that he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. He swore to protect me with his life no matter what.

He had never done anything rude to me purposely in my entire existence. I couldn't believe at what he just did.

All I could see was him, laughing with the boys with the knife in his hand.

My heart was pounding, reminding me of who I was staring at. My heart still recognized him though he'd changed a lot from the guy I knew.

He was so not the type of guy that I would date. He was too mean and I never really liked bad boys. They were full of drama. I'm more into the romantic type guys. Sounds cliché, but I love hearts and flowers.

I finally found my voice after a few seconds. "What did you do that for?" I asked, pointing at my slashed tire.

"I don't like your nerdy boyfriend. You're way out of his league," he said while playing with the small knife he was holding.

"He is not my boyfriend. I still don't get why you slashed my tire. Wait, did you do something to him?" If something bad happened to Simon because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

I hate it when innocent people were involved in ridiculous things like this. I thought pranks like this only happened in high school. College students should be more matured, right?

"Maybe, I'm just bored and no, we haven't done anything to him…yet." The boys laughed again.

The next words that came out my mouth were something I didn't expect. "You know what? You are all pathetic, especially you, Jonathan."

I looked at all their faces. They were stunned. Some guys had their mouths opened. Jonathan was staring at me with a stern expression.

"Oh, you know my name. I get that you're interested on me. Don't worry; you need not to be embarrassed about it. I'm used to girls fancying me." He smirked.

"You really have no respect on women. They are things to you, not human beings. You think it is fun bullying those who are smaller and weaker than you? Oh please, you all are just a bunch of cowards." With that, I left and took care of my car.

I could feel his gaze burning on my back, but I ignored it. I could feel the familiar pull, the invisible string that connected me to him, but I ignored it, too. I was too pissed to care.

Gosh, this version of Jace had to be the worst one. Sure, all the other versions had different personalities because they grew up in different eras, social statuses, and families. I wonder what made him that mean.

It would be hard to find a decent girl who would like a man like him. He was nineteen so I only had barely two years, to search for a girl. I couldn't let him destroy his life. My goal was that he should have a life that was worthwhile.

He looked like he was going to turn out as the man who was always in clubs to get drunk. I didn't want him to wake up with different girls in his bed every morning.

I needed to create a new plan.

New mission: Find a woman who will make Jonathan Lightwood change for the better.

.......

Finally after almost two hours, I got into our apartment. I pressed the doorbell twice and waited for Maia to answer the door.

She had an outburst as soon as I got inside.

"Clary! Oh my gosh, you got me worried. You never came home this late. You left your phone again." Maia's chocolate-brown eyes full of concern. I felt bad for making her feel like this, she was my soul sister and my best friend.