Chapter 7 - Dust

Both Maia and Isabelle gave us looks of suspicion when we arrived back to the apartment.

Jonathan was still very pissed at me. He proceeded straight to Isabelle's room and slammed the door. I flinched.

I went to the living room with the girls.

"Jonathan looks angry, what happened?" Maia asked.

I showed them to my right hand. It took them a few moments to realize what I showed them. I placed my hand back on my lap.

"JONATHAN PROPOSED TO YOU?" Maia exclaimed.

"No," I said, surprised to hear exhaustion in my voice.

"That's his Mom's ring, I mean his biological mother's. Why is it with you?" Isabelle asked.

"This is Jonathan's idea. He made a deal that if this ring fits me, I could make him do anything I wanted and if it doesn't I'll be his slave," I explained.

Isabelle laughed. "You won! He's pissed because he hates losing. Finally, he found his match." She sounded so happy. "You should make him wear makeup in school or maybe he could be your personal assistant. He could carry your things around."

"Or you can ask him to play the piano for you, that's so romantic! He never did that to anyone before," Maia said excitedly.

That was nice, I'd consider it. I remained silent as they talked.

"Hey, how did you discover that?" Isabelle asked Maia.

"Discover what?"

"That he never played for a girl before and that he knows how to play the piano?"

"If he did, all the other girls he'd been with would've bragged about it. I simply assumed he hadn't. The dean mentioned once that Jonathan plays it."

"But it's true. He had never played the piano for someone. He used to practice playing all day, but stopped when he was fifteen. We never knew why. That instrument has a special spot in his heart because his biological father taught him how to play it.

"Many things happened when he turned fifteen. He's changed a lot since then. He became the person he is now. He broke the rules, talked back to our parents, and got into trouble. One night when he was seventeen, he got home drunk and beaten up. I asked him what happened, he said that he kissed a girl who was taken and her boyfriend saw them that was why he was bruised and bleeding.

"I told him to stop switching from girl to girl to avoid trouble, but he said that being with other girls made him forget about her, even for just a short period of time. He kept mentioning this girl who had flaming red hair, that she wouldn't leave his mind and dreams. When he was sober the next day, he didn't remember telling me those things, so I pretended I didn't know anything."

I didn't know that Jonathan also had the dreams. Did he also have them in his other lives? It was because of me that he was acting like that. I felt guilty and Isabelle saw it.

She looked at me and my hair, realization flooded her face.

She should be distracted from her thoughts. She was thinking that I could be the girl because of my red hair.

"Actually, Jonathan isn't angry he lost. He's angry because I can't take off the ring from my finger. It's stuck and I need to give this back to him or he'll never forgive me," I stated.

After I said those words, we went to the kitchen to try different methods to get the ring off my finger.

As of the moment, we tried soap, olive oil, lotion, and even butter. Still, nothing worked.