-One-

Simon POV

I think Penny is crazy. I don't think she understands what an enemy is. She has brought me to Hampshire. Of all places. Baz's house.

"You're not making me go in there." I say once we stop at the door. Penny reaches over to ring the bell, and I grab her wrist with my free hand. The other, Penny has wrapped in strips of her jumper to make do as a bandage. I got bitten by a Golblin. I had no idea it would bite me! She yanks her arm away.

"You're hurt Simon. There isn't a house or town for miles!"

"I can deal with it. It doesn't hurt this much." She rolls her eyes and quickly rings the bell so I don't have time to react. I stifle a groan as the door opens to a maid.

"Who are you two here to see?" She asks politely.

"Anyone," Penny answers. "My friend is hurt and there's no one else around here." The maid nods and steps aside.

"Wait here in the foyer, please. I shall fetch Mr. Grimm." She walks away in small but efficient steps, the heels of her practical, black, chunky shoes clicking with every step. She walks down a hall leading directly away from the front doors, which is on the left, as we hear footsteps coming down the staircase, which is on the right. I stiffen because no one but the maid, and soon Mr. Pitch, knows that we're here. Of all people, Baz, wearing expensive jeans and a forest green t-shirt, holding a paperback book up to his face, is the one coming down the elaborate staircase.