3

Tony said she would rent me a room in her apartment, of course she'd let me live there for free until I'd find a job.

And I was eagerly looking for one. I tried being a waitress but the costumers that were mostly men were expecting me to flirt with them. Unwillingly I would be thrown into something I'm trying to escape with all of my heart.

Also the working hours were awful.

Who'd want to spend a whole day working?

So I kept searching, I had just circled a job that was at the local library when I heard Tony snapping at someone on the phone, "Why do you care? My goodness, leave her alone you maniac." Through the sentence she was kind of joking. "No, no, no. I owe you shit-" she listened, hums, "Yeah, well, no but..." she again keeps quiet. "I don't really think thats a good idea, nor is it up to me." She groans, "Why don't you just do it your-" she sighed annoyed at whoever, "If you don't let it rest, I'm telling her."

It was extremely weird to think that she could be talking about me.

But to who?

"Boy bye." She ends, then rounds the kitchen area to walk into the open living room, she noticed me and her expression changed to a lighter one.

Her apartment suits her, it's modern and stylish, it looks expensive.

We've spent quite some time together, we've even become so close we chill on her jacuzzi drinking wine, and watch shows together, also read the same books at the same time so we don't dare spoil each other.

She's great. I've never had this type of friend, someone who'd watch after me.

While she is pacing back and forth, "Is everything okay?"

She looks at me a bit surprised, she was in deep thought until then, "yeah, yeah, all cool." She smacked her lips and put her ash blonde hair in a high ponytail, she's wearing pajama shorts and a singlet, no bra, as we liked to do in this apartment. We didn't shy away from the other, she had told me her story, which was escaping her controlling family. She said she never looked back, the only one she had left, just her parents, but kept the contact low.

"Uhm, do you happen to like Zayn?"

I almost spit the noodles I was eating, and choked on my breath.

It's been a few weeks since the last encounter we've had with him and his girlfriend.

And other than Tony omplaining about her on the celebrity news we didn't talk about him, or her for that matter, just the dislike we've both seemed to have.

Her question was out of no where.

"Why?"

"Well do you?" She probes and I know for whatever reason she won't back away.

Swallowing the nervousness down, I didn't understand why this question hits a cord within me.

It's like I was trying to surpass something deep down.

I try to answer as honest as possible, "I... I don't know." I begin, "Can you like someone you don't know?" I ask her instead, I would be lying if I said he didn't intrigue me, and I was keeping a close eye on the media about him, but as always he's keeping on the low, the only times the fans get to see him is when Gigi posts something about him, and it annoys more than it entertains us with the glimpse. It's like they're attached to one another, but more him than her. It's like she can have a life beyond him and he's not allowed to.

Is that even healthy anymore?

And now I'm getting carried away, why did I even care?

But this question...why would she ask it?