13

Songs for the chapter: Zayn - If I got you

Zayn - Insomnia

Billie Eilish - Watch

*****

Narrator's POV

Narrator's POV

Zayn had been furious, he needed to get back to isolate himself. It was the only thing that'd make it bearable, the whirlwind of his feelings.

*I feel like shit man*

He groans, throwing his phone to the wall, it doesn't shatter since it was the most expensive thing he's bought it only recently.

It's been days and Seb still keeps whining, he picks up his phone again despite knowing better, he types back fast.

*She isn't even that special, what the fvck is up with you?*

He's being a priick, he knows it but he needs to stop bringing it up, he tries to just focus on getting back to work, going on about his day as if nothing has changed.

But that was the thing.

It had changed, much more than he had control over which was the next issue.

He didn't like being overpowered by his emotions, the emotions he could no longer hold back, he no longer could explain. He never had anyone to look forward to see, all the shiit surrounding him was always something that faded and didn't leave that much of an imprint, but with her...somehow, he only sees her.

How come he needed fresh air from this, to actually find the only thing bringing him some part of calm was that he was running from. He thought he'd be fine if he just left to work his as,s off. Amelia was pleased for once in his whole career, everything went smoothly, but he didn't feel as smooth.

To his bad luck, he let Seb convince him to get to that bar his friend had been.

****

"And I feel it man, she's different." Seb kept throwing glasses back, downing it without a second thought, "You don't understand, I'm way into her."

This was ridiculous and annoying. Ridiculous cause he couldn't even bring himself to try and be compassionate when he knows how he feels as he's experiencing it himself.

Zayn humors him with a tight smile, just watching around him to avoid feeling more guilty than he already was feeling. If it weren't for how him and blue eyes parted ways last time, he'd text her to have at least a conversation and just ease Seb into it more. Even if he'd be devastated, he couldn't be that selfish.

Seb was with him through the toughest time, he couldn't let a fiasco like that one time with Jen happen again. When Zayn was in trouble with his management, it was Seb and Matt that had his back, they'd flow states just to get him out of any situation. It may not seem as if they shared a deep friendship, but it was only because Zayn couldn't stand seeing Jane with anyone else...