4

"It's cliche...but there's a reason it's cliche."

***

I woke up to a ringing phone, and I groaned, shutting it down

I woke up to a ringing phone, and I groaned, shutting it down. There's a headache forming on my forehead and I can't quite find the means to sit up, but I stretch for quite a while.

Peeking at the clock of the overlit room, I sighed.

Who was calling me this early?

And what was I thinking yesterday?

There's another buzzing of my phone heard.

Probably Tony.

After I came home yesterday, very out of it and looking as if I was too nervous to get a word out of me since I thought she'd know and catch me on the act, we instead had chatted about what she had been doing whereas I was outside and looking for a 'job.' That's the lie I told her, which I felt tremendously bad about.

I just wanted to forget that that scene had happened yesterday altogether. And talking about it would only embarrass me further.

I couldn't even blame it on alcohol or anything like that that would take my guilt and make it disappear.

Why did we kiss?

"Ugh, stop thinking about it." I groaned to myself, hiding behind my hands.

He was taken, and I wasn't that available either.

Still I felt like it ought to have been, like he said, I wouldn't be able to escape it.

Was it all in my head?

Deciding to put on my fav attire for today, that was a Stilinski hoodie I had long ago bought from amazon that was hogging my body, shorts and knee socks to match, I felt comfortable to face the day. What can I say, I'm just as anyone else with favorite shows.

I'm scrolling through my emails to see if anyone has replied to my excuse of applications on any jobs, and I'm astounded when an elder man had replied to me wanting to take care of his garden, telling me I could start whenever I saw fit.

It's something, and he wants to pay me well for the few hours I'll get to tend it.

Finally something good.

With this job I'll get to set new goals as well, like get a small apartment somewhere and built a new life for me.

....

The doorbell rings while I was comfortably munching down on chips, watching reruns my favorite show of the moment.

As I was dozing off, I felt light and calm, thinking about the endless possibilities thrown at me. I could continue doing mini jobs and then end up studying so I could graduate in interior design. I've had to quit due to having to overcome some issues back then, ignoring the fact that I married way young, I had also depression at one or more points in my life. It's a heavy burden to carry.