Chapter 39

Chapter 39

<Third Person POV>

Nagtungo si Adam sa silid kung saan siya nakipagkita kina Signor Salvador sa pag-aakalang naroon si Isabelle. He hastily entered the room like a cop on a raid and rushed down the hall to where the rounded table was.

To his dismay, no one was there. Everybody had left including Salvador and Isabelle was probably with him. And probably doing the thing that he feared she will stupidly do.

Instantly, panic dominated his entire system. No, he can't just let her do it. Kailangan nyang makapunta kay Isabelle para pigilan ito.

Sa galit at inis sa sarili, nakakuyom ang mga kamay niya at dali-daling lumabas sa silid. Pagkalabas niya sumalubong sa kanya ang hotel manager na naghihintay ng utos. "Give me Salvador's room number."

"Room 415 sir."

"The key card."Inilahad ni Adam ang palad niya at nilagay dito ng hotel manager ang key card ng kwarto ni Salvador.

He rode the elevator up to the floor where Room 415 was. While inside the lift, he paced back and forth, his whole body tense. Bakit niya pa kasi sinabi kay Isabelle na kung hindi ito magpapatigil, hahayaan niya ito. He was a huge idiot he even said that if something goes wrong he will not help. But it was a HUGE lie. How could he not? Nagmukha nga siyang baliw na stalker noon kakasunod kay Isabelle.

Because when it came to that woman, Adam had no idea at what cost, at what length he will go through just for her. Even sacrificing his own happiness. Even choosing to be away from the two most important people in his life just to give them a life that was peaceful, safe and free from the complications brought by his mere presence and the people surrounding him.

The elevator dinged and Adam was brought back to reality. Bumukas ito at agad siyang lumabas. Malalaki ang hakbang niya papunta sa kung nasaan maaaring naroon si Isabelle. He prayed that they were inside, better than the possibility that they went out of the hotel, to a place in Paris he had no idea where.

When he reached the door, Adam swiped the key card and the lock clicked open. Sa walang pagdadalawang isip pumasok siya sa kwarto at nanlaki ang mga mata niya sa nakita.

It was not what he expected.

Salvador was lying on the bed, on his back, but the old man was in deep sleep. And Isabelle, she was so busy typing in the laptop computer she didn't even notice him. Tutok na tutok ang mata nito sa screen. Lumapit si Adam at habang papalapit siya dito, doon pa lang siya nito napansin.

Nanlaki ang mata ni Isabelle, at natigil ito sa ginagawa. She looked over her shoulder to the old man and she exhaled in relief upon seeing it still in sleep.

Then she narrowed her eyes towards Adam. "Anong ginagawa mo dito Adam?"

His eyes also narrowed as he took in what he was seeing. "And what are you doing looking into his computer?"

Umiwas ng tingin si Isabelle. "Wag mong sabihing makikialam ka na naman?"

Hindi niya pinansin ang tanong ni Isabelle at tumingin ulit sa matanda. It was weird, knowing how sex-addicted Salvador was, it was unusual seeing him asleep when he was with a woman.

And Isabelle was doing something in his computer. Adam's eyes travelled back and forth between the two and instantly it clicked.

"Are you out of your mind?" He suddenly blurted. Lumapit siya dito at sapilitang inusog ang laptop paharap sa kanya. He looked into what she was doing in the computer and saw that she was currently copying files.

Files that he knew was all related to business. Without saying anything, he pulled the flashdrive out.

*********************************