Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“Welcome to our home Isabelle.” Cassidy said, smiling. She was standing outside the double door entrance of the manor with her hands crossed across her chest.

Ang lapad ng ngiti nya, sobra. Abot nga hanggang mata. She had that kind of infectious smile that can make anyone smile back for no reason. Sweet but underneath, it was treacherous and poisonous. I wondered how she can pull it off so convincingly without a sweat. Maybe years of practice she perfected the skill or maybe she was born with the talent.

At hindi mo rin masisisi ang sinumang mag-aakala na puno ng sinsiridad ang kasiyahang ipinapakita nya. Sa pagbati nya pa lang sa akin iisipin mong isa akong hulog ng langit na matagal nya ng hinihintay.

Ano ba ‘tong palabas nya? Wala namang ibang tao and so far, walang Adam na nagpakita. She said the manor was their home. Her home. Ibig sabihin dito sya nakatira? Nagsasama na pala sila sa iisang bahay kahit hindi pa sila kasal?

Then what was I doing here? Gusto nilang makisalo ako sa kanilang pugad ng pagmamahalan?

What the hell! Oo, nagsisisi ako sa kasalanang nagawa ko but I can’t go that far. What were they thinking? Were they that desperate to make my life a living hell?

Cassidy smiled even wider to the extent that she looked nothing but creepy I felt goosebumps crawled all over my skin.

“Come over. I’ll show you the entire house.” Tumalikod sya at pumasok sa loob. Hindi nya na hinintay kung anong reaksyon ko at hindi na rin kailangan dahil naglalakad na ang mga paa ko bago pa ako makapag-isip.

We entered the entrance hall of the manor. The interior was magnificent but in my eyes it all just faded to gray.

I was in serious shit. I can’t pretend to check out the place.

“This is the WestClaire Manor. The country house of the McKnight family for centuries. It was in built in 17$%^&yghy%!@#$%$##%)&^(*&*%#r4....”

Dada ng dada si Cassidy patungkol sa history ng mansyon. Pati architecture, interior, furnishings at gardens sinali nya. Eh, hindi naman kailangan dahil lahat alam ko na. What she said, I read it all from magazines.

“And this is their family tree.” Huminto si Cassidy sa paglalakad at tumingala sa isang malaking frame na nakasabit sa dingding.

I looked. It was indeed a family tree dated back from 1500s at sa dulo makikita ang pangalan ni Adam, sa ate nya at kay Michael.

“You see...” Napapitlag ako sa boses ni Cassidy, bigla kasing naging high-pitch it was almost a shriek. “This family tree grows with every new family member and with the course of my relationship with Adam I know my name will be added here. I’m sure of it. But I expected that I will be Adam’s first and only wife. I never foresee that I will be the second.”

The message of her words may reflect hurt but the way she said it, with her tone and all...it was pure bitterness.

“I never thought that you would pop out of nowhere and steal what is mine. Adam assured me though...that you are just temporary and that there isn’t a connection between you two except the baby. Good thing you’ll be his wife in just a few months, there is no need for your name to be added here. It would just stain the tree, really.”

Another thing I learned about Cassidy was that she attacks like a snake. She wanted to bite and I wanted to bite back.

“Don’t worry I’m not that low Cassidy. I don’t really care about my name being added in mundane and useless things like a family tree. This space here?” I pointed the empty space besides Adam’s name. “Is all yours.”