Chapter 11

*A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER*

So Hayes and I still talk and we are getting closer and closer but it will take me a while to forget that weird moment I had with him that other day.

Lily and him are still going out but I think he's giving her signals that he's a bit over her. Today at school he only waved at her every time he saw her. I know I'm a stalker (lol) but I'm just seeing how he's doing.

"Bella! Someone is here for you!" My mom calls me from downstairs. I put my phone down and run down to see who it is. "It's a boy." My mom jokingly winks at me and walks away. Hayes is the only boy I'm closest to so it must be him!

I open the door and see Hayes sitting down on some chairs on our porch. "Hey." He smiles and gets up for a hug. "What's up?" I ask. His smile is a bit dull.

"Do you think we can walk around?" He asks. I nod and we begin to walk.

"So is everything okay?"

"I did it." He takes a deep breath. I'm gonna guess he actually broke up with Lily?!

"Really?" I smile but see the sadness in his face. I quickly change my face expression. "I don't know, I think I was too harsh on her." He shrugs.

"What do you mean? Did she cry?"

"A little but I've never made a girl cry before." He looks down. "I think you did the right thing. I'd rather not have a boyfriend then have a boyfriend, who doesn't act like we're dating."

He looks at me and wraps his arms around me. I do the same, of course!

"You're good at making me feel better." He says as we still hug. "Really? I usually suck at this stuff." I laugh. "Yeah. We need to hangout more often!"

Okay, I act cool on the outside , but I'm jumping and screaming on the inside! "We should." I smile big and we stop hugging and begin to walk. "We haven't talked about you much. Where you from?" He asks.

"I was born and raised in Florida, until now."

"Yeah I remember now. Our math teacher told us you were from Florida." He nods."Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes. Her name is Dani and if you ever meet her, she will be the most annoying girl you'll ever meet." I say. He laughs but I'm actually pretty serious about it.

"Do you have siblings?" I ask.

"Yeah. Will, Nash, and Skylynn."

"Older or younger?"

"Will and Nash are older and Skylynn is younger." He grins.

--

"I'm home!" I yell when I get home from school. My mom and dad are sitting down on or couch when I get home.

The both stand up and look at each other with a sad face. This is really scaring me..

"What's wrong?" I ask. They get close and gently push me to sit with them. "You guys are really scaring me."

My moms eyes get a bit teary and so do mine because I hate seeing my mom cry/tear up.

"It's Emily." The Both say.

"What?! No!" I scream and negative thought op into my head.

"She can't be dead!" I cry.

I cry harder and harder and my head begins to hurt. My parents try to calm me down but I don't. Dani comes downstairs and stares at me shocked.

"Isabella! Emma is NOT dead!" My dad yells so he can get my attention. "What?" I take deep breaths to calm down.

"Emma isn't dead. She's just very sick." My mom says and hands me a tissue. I wipe my tears and feel a whole lot better.

"How sick?" I ask.

My parents look at each other with that sad face again. "The doctor says it's possible she may not get better.."

"So she is going to die?" I cry again.

My parents don't answer me. Instead they hug me but it makes me feel worse. "We're going to visit, right?"

"We can leave in a few weeks." They both say. "Few weeks? We have to leave now!" I stand up. "It's not that easy, Isabella." My mom says.

I push Dani out of the way and run up to my room. I slam the door and lock it.