Chapter 5

"I'm going to miss you guys so bad!" I say to my friends after I give them a hug.

"We are too! Just text us everyday! Keep us updated if there are any cute boys." Aria says winking at me.

We all laugh.

I see my mom pull up in our school parking lot.

"Alright guys, this is good bye!" I say.

We group hug and try not to cry.

"Love you guys!" I say walking away.

"We love you!"

I get into our car and wipe away my tears on my cheek.

"It's okay sweetie, we'll come visit about every two years." My mom says.

I roll my eyes. Two years? What the hell?

"Are we gonna go visit Emma?" I ask.

"Later."

--

Before we head to the hospital to say goodbye to Emma, I go up to my room to change into some more comfortable clothes.

I grab my gray sweats from Hollister, my plain white muscle tank, and my black Toms. It is pretty dark out so nobody will really be able to see my outfit.

"Lets go." My parents both say and we get inside our car.

Once we get to the hospital we go up to the room that Emma is in.

"Hi guys." Her dad says when he opens the door and lets us come in. Emma is laying down watching tv.

My parents and Emma's parents talk while I go over to Emma. She smiles as I get closer to her.

"How you doing?" I ask trying to make her smile but it doesn't really work. I miss her smile so much.

"I think I'm doing better. But I don't want to get too excited because I know the pain will come back."

I sigh and nod. It is true. I don't want to say anything because I'll just lie. If I tell her the bad news shell feel even worse! But I have to tell her, I can't just leave.

"Is everything okay?" She asks looking straight into my eyes. I look over to my parents and they nod.

"Umm.. I hate having to tell you bad news while you're in this situation." I say looking around the room. She pats my hand.

"It's okay you can tell me."

I try not to look into her eyes because if I do, I'll begin to cry.

"My dad has been looking for a new and better job for the past few weeks and he has found one. His new job is in North Carolina." I say really fast. Her eyes widen and I can see tears in them.

"So, you're moving?"

I swallow hard and nod, wiping away a tear from my cheek. She also wipes her tears and stops patting my hand.

--

After a while of talking to Emma for probably the last time, it's time for us to go home.

"I'm going to miss you so much." We both say and give each other a huge bear hug.

"I promise I'll come visit as many times as I can."

"If I'm still alive." She says making my heart break.

"Please don't say that. You'll get through this. I love you." I say as I hug her one last time. My parents say goodbye also and we head out the door.

"I love you and stay strong!" I yell one more time. I close the door ad cry a bit harder as we walk out of the hospital.

My parents pat my back but NOTHING will ever make me feel better. I feel like such an ass to just leave Emma at this moment.